ROBOTC is a cross-robotics-platform programming language for popular educational robotics systems.
Building License Instructions
For Robot Virtual Worlds VEX 4.x and LEGO 4.x
US and Canada only!
Have questions? Need a customized quote? Contact us at email@example.com
- Receive updates (minor fixes and bug fixes).
- No Internet connection needed to activate.
- Installs ROBOTC in 30, 60, 90, or unlimited PCs!
- Valid for a year from the date of purchase.
- Includes four (4) customer support incidents (with maintenance plan).
ROBOTC 4.0 Building License
- This is a Periodic Building license of ROBOTC Robot Virtual Worlds for version 4.0 and any hot-fix updates (minor fixes and bug fixes).
- This version does not require an Internet connection to install or activate.
- This license is for the selected number of installations (choice of 30, 60, 90, or unlimited) of the software, limited to a single school or campus building.
- This license will be valid from that point until exactly 1 year from the date of purchase.
- The Maintenance plan guarantees that the licensee will receive any updates to Robot Virtual Worlds at zero cost during the term of their license. These updates may come as a digital download as opposed to a physical disk.
- The Maintenance Plan will also guarantee that the customer will receive any major Robot Virtual Worlds feature improvements and updates (in addition to minor updates) at no cost during the length of the maintenance plan.
- The Maintenance plan also covers four (4) customer support incidents during each year of the licensee’s contract.
- Building – A building license is limited to a single school or campus building – this license specifically does not extend to an entire school system or school district.
This license grants personal use by instructor for tasks related to class work, projects and other preparation. This license specifically does not cover student’s personal computers.
- This license is non-transferable for the term of the license.
Loading ROBOTC onto Student-Used Laptops (that leave the school building):
- If the school owns the laptop, the school may load the Building License onto the student laptop. This would be just as if it was an extension of a school lab that students are allowed to take home to use during the school year.
- If the student/parent owns the laptop, the school may NOT use the Building License on this computer. The school should instead purchase a classroom license (30 seat license) to load onto the student laptops and manage the licenses themselves (via the Deactivate option).
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the Building License ship?
- The building license will ship as soon as the quote is received and you confirm the quote and give payment. They will be valid from that point until exactly 1 year from that date.
Do I get both ROBOTC for Mindstorms, ROBOTC for CORTEX & PIC, ROBOTC for Arduino if I do this?
- This is for each "version" of ROBOTC. The prices above are for one platform. If you want all platforms, you'll have to double the prices.
What does the maintenance cover? Do we have to have maintenance to download bug fixes and updates?
- Maintenance coves new features (like color sensor support coming in a few months), and smaller bug fixes that aren't critical.
- It also includes 4 support "incidences" per year which are typically installation issues, computer issues "my drivers aren't working" or code level issues like "this code doesn't work".
Does the building license cover installation support so that we know we can get help just for deployment?
- Installation is simple. You install a special "Building License" version of ROBOTC, drop a license file into the ROBOTC folder and it works until the expiration date embedded in the license file.
Can we buy maintenance later if needed?
Can I put in a credit card and have this today?
- Yes! Just use the purchase links above and it will take you to the Robomatter Online store. From there, you can use a credit card to purchase a Building License.