|1. Begin by removing any of the 75MHz crystal receivers from your Microcontroller.|
2. Attach the VEXnet Upgrade to the top of the Microcontroller.
2a. Gather the following parts before moving on:
- 1 Microcontroller
- 1 VEXnet Microcontroller Upgrade
- 8 3/4" 8-32 Screws
- 4 1/2" Standoffs
- 1 7.2V Battery
2b. Use four of the screws to attach the 1/2" standoffs to the VEXnet upgrade.
2c. Align the back of the VEXnet Upgrade with the back of the Microcontroller.
2d. Use the four remaining screws to attach the VEXnet Upgrade to the Microcontroller.
Note: When securing the VEXnet Upgrade and Microcontroller assembly to your robot, the bottom four screws can be removed, inserted through a section of the robot chassis, and then reconnected to the bottom of the assembly.
3. Power the Microcontroller and VEXnet upgrade with the 7.2V battery.
3a. Connect the battery to the VEXnet Upgrade.
3b. Connect the battery wire coming from the VEXnet Upgrade to the Microcontroller. The ON/OFF switch on the Microcontroller controls the power to the Microcontroller and the VEXnet Upgrade.
4. Connect the yellow VEXnet cable to the SERIAL port on the Microcontroller.
5. Connect a VEXnet USB adapter to the VEXnet Microcontroller Upgrade.
5a. Attach the Velcro loop piece (fuzzy) to the USB adapter and the hook piece (bristly) to the Microcontroller so they will align once the USB adapter is inserted into the VEXnet Upgrade. This will ensure that the adapter will not get disconnected while the robot is running.
Note: It does not matter which VEXnet USB adapter you use.
5b. If you are connecting a VEXnet Microcontroller Upgrade that was packaged with the Transmitter Upgrade, insert the USB adapter now. If not, or if you are unsure, you can wait to insert the USB adapter until you manually pair the Transmitter and Microcontroller Upgrades (Part III of this document)..
6. (Optional) Connect the 9V backup battery to the VEXnet Upgrade. The backup battery maintains VEXnet communication in the event of a main power loss and is mandatory during official VEX competitions, but optional in classroom use. Connect the backup battery to the front of the VEXnet Upgrade. (The battery is not included with kit.)