View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
HT IRLINK sensor Questions 
Rookie

Post HT IRLINK sensor Questions
I've recently purchased the HiTechnic sensor with the hope of using both the NXT & RCX at the same time in the same robot and possibly turn my Nxt into an Universal IR remote for Aircon / TV / whatever
I'm a hobbist C programer and hate graphical programing languages with a passion
I'm hoping to write a robotC program that reads the IRL sensor to record all the different info that the remotes for the different applinces use but I'm having trouble finding any info as the only example program with the HT drivers deals with PF motors are there any examples for comunicating with rcx or reading IR messages directly. It would be great if I could do via robot C what the RCX IRLink block for the nxt-g software claims to be able to do I haven't tested it (yet) because of my frustration of no real control

AlsoI'm asuming I'm needing to place the unziped arcive into the robotC directory does it all go into the same place or do I need to put the header files in one folder and libaries somewhere else where do the files need to go.
thanks Kinkly :)

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:48 am

Post Re: HT IRLINK sensor Questions
Hi there,

I made a video on the driver website that explains how to install the drivers.

As for reading remotes, I am not sure you will be able to accomplish that seeing as the IR Link is not made for the RC-5 protocol, which is what most, if not all, appliance remote controls use.

I have not added support for controlling the RCX mainly due to the fact that I don't own one and have no desire to go out and buy one. I did write an article about using the IR Link as a UART (what is needed to talk to the RCX) which you can read here: [LINK].

Regards,
xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

I'm wondering if the "RCX remote control" (9738) will work with the IRLINK Sensor using the already included drivers and functions
Kinkly

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:28 am

No, there are no functions to control an RCX in ROBOTC or my 3rd party driver suite. The amount of work and the low demand have not made it much of a priority to add this.

Regards,
Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]