View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PlayTone with variable arguments? 
Rookie

Post PlayTone with variable arguments?
Hello, I'm trying to play various tones determined by the sensors, and I'm getting an error when I try to use a variable with PlayTone.
Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Code:
task main(){
   int frequency = 440;
   PlayTone(frequency, 10);   //**Error**:Undefined   expression in   code generation
  //PlayTone(440, 10);  // constant value works fine
  wait1Msec(1000);
}

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:26 pm

Hmm this is strange, it looks like it is a bug. Please post this in the bug tracking section

http://www-education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/mantis

Also another piece of advice, I would not use Frequency as a variable because RobotC sees it as a keyword and not a variable, and it puts it in blue text.

Thanks for the notice B-)
Scott

My Robot Projects:
http://www.freewebs.com/robotprojects/

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Creator
Creator

"Also another piece of advice, I would not use Frequency as a variable because RobotC sees it as a keyword and not a variable, and it puts it in blue text. "

It's OK to use it as a variable. 'frequency' is used as a parameter in one of the built-in intrinsic functions so that is why it is put in blue color.

But in this case frequency is defined as a local variable. This works fine.

The problem is that the syntax "colorizer" does not have full knowledge of all the scope rules for variables and makes intelligent guesses on keyword/variable colorizing. In this case it "guessed" wrong. I've done a minor tweak to improve this.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:06 am
Creator
Creator

Hmm this is strange, it looks like it is a bug. Please post this in the bug tracking section

This is a bug that has been fixed in a pre-release version that is not publicly available. It had to do with compatibility with the legacy RCX which originally did not have an opcode to except run-time frequencies.

If you send me an email to dickswan@sbcglobal.net I will provide you with a link to site where you can download this pre-release. Or you can wait a few days and it will be available on robotc.net.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]