View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
HiTechnic IR Seeker driver 

Post Re: HiTechnic IR Seeker driver
andynalley wrote:
Sorry one more question. Do you know wether it is possible for the ir seeker sensor to define between colours. Say a red led and a green led.

Cheers Andy

There is no such thing as a green IR LED. IR == Infra Red, which is light around 950nm. Green light has a wavelength of around 510nm. The colour red you and I can see is around 640nm. The little red light you see on the ball is just an indicator light, because the IR light is invisible to the human eye.

Regards,
Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:06 am
Profile WWW

One thing you can try is mount a colored led above each infrared led, and have two sensors. IR seaker finds the IR led and a light / color / camera sensor could identify which is which by the colored led.

Hmmm, Another thought, you could distinguish by brightness alone if you knew how far away you are. If you use the sonar to find the distance of the target and compare the brightness to a pre-made table of brightness values for all the distances, you can distinguish between them.

Random ideas, Good luck B-)

Scott

My Robot Projects:
http://www.freewebs.com/robotprojects/

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Hey sorry to bother you again but I've got another quick question.

in your Test program you managed to define three different values for left right and middle, i need a single variable that is equal to all three values added together (AllStrength), I've gone thought the test program and cant seem to find how the displayed values are gained as i need to extract them so that i can turn it into a single variable (ie all three directional values added together)

Cheers Andy

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:03 pm

andynalley wrote:

in your Test program you managed to define three different values for left right and middle, i need a single variable that is equal to all three values added together (AllStrength), I've gone thought the test program and cant seem to find how the displayed values are gained as i need to extract them so that i can turn it into a single variable (ie all three directional values added together)

Cheers Andy

I don't see any defines like that in my test program. What exactly are you talking about?

Regards,
Xander

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

mightor wrote:
andynalley wrote:

Cheers Andy

I don't see any defines like that in my test program. What exactly are you talking about?

Regards,
Xander

Well for my program ive got one ir beacon and 2 infared sensors. The program works with a simple if the irsensor1 is closer to the beacon than irsensor2 then turn left. If irsensor2 is closer than irsensor1 then turn right. If there the same drive forward.

So what I tried was something like "if href1 >href2 turn right" and visa versa. But what I realised from looking at your test program is that isnt just one reading like with a sonar sensor (which just has a value for the distance). It has 3 different readings, 1. to the left of the sensor, 2. infront of the sensor and 3. to the left of the sensor.

Now what I need is to get a single value variable (i.e. sens1) that gives a single value for the distance from that sensor the the beacon (from anywere within a 180 degree angle). This is so it can give a single value even if its side on to the beacon.

I hope im making sense. Cheers andy

Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi there Andy,

I see what you're trying to do. A possible suggestion would be to use HTIRSReadAllStrength() for each sensor and pick the highest readings from each. You could then compare those. I wouldn't suggest adding the values together.

Regards,
Xander

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3