View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Already starting with programming 
Rookie

Post Already starting with programming
Last week, I was asked by a teacher to join the First Tech Challenge (in the Netherlands). My task will be the programming of the robot. I chose RobotC to do this, because it's very similar to PHP. However, the Dutch FTC is the first FTC ever in the Netherlands, so the Competition Kits need to be shipped from the USA. We haven't received the Kit yet, but I do want to practice programming in RobotC, so when we receive the package, I could immediately start with programming.

So my questions is: is there any way I could program something in RobotC, so I can see the value's of the motors and sensors, without having a NXT brick?

Thanks in advance!

Jaimy

Last edited by Jaimy on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:55 am
Novice

Post Re: Already starting with programming
Hi Jaimy and welcome to FTC.

What's really interesting about RobotC is the new debugger screens. These screens let you see the values of the different variables throughout your program, including motor values. The new joystick control debugger screen will let you use the joystick to the change the value and essentially "test" the code.

If it came down to it, you could program the code without the NXT, upload it, and have it working perfectly. :programmer:

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Already starting with programming
the only problem is that these debugging values and remote control values are only available with an nxt brick hooked up
however looking through the built in function apis on the left side of the robotc window you can see how the motors and sensors respond and get a pretty good idea of how the robot will behave to your program.
Other than that I would say that you should simply look at the example codes that come with the robot and look up some other c specific syntax for arrays etc
hope this helps and happy programming :programmer:

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]