View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Serious issue with the trial period 
Rookie

Post Serious issue with the trial period
At the beginning of the season, our team here at Clarke County High School recieved RobotC 1.40 on cd, with an activation code. Not knowing quite what was going on, we installed it and did not activate it. Shortly thereafter, having had a few problems such as joysticks not working, servos not working, and general irritation, I checked around for updates, found I think 1.44, and have since gotten up to 1.46 and have fixed our problems with joysticks and servos, but another serious issue has come to head.
Our 30-day trial period is up as of today. The new installations did not update the trial period to 365 days as we had expected, and we didn't notice the diminishing trial period until today, when it was too late. We tried unistalling the software, installing it from the cd, and activating it, but no dice.

Bottom line: our trial period of RobotC is up, and we need it to work on this one computer. How can we extend/eliminate the trial period?

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Serious issue with the trial period
Activate ROBOTC 1.46 with the number that is included with your kit on the CD sleeve. This will get rid of the trial period. This is good for up to three machines.

If you are getting an "error code 7", contact support@robotc.net with your LicenseID, and we can take care of the issue ASAP.

Thanks.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:35 pm
Rookie

Does that mean it would be legal for me to use the same licence for my laptop (which I carry around to work) and my desktop (where I spend my leisure time tinkering with LEGO Mindstorms)?

Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:06 pm

I believe it is :) I asked the very same question many months ago and got this answer:
Quote:
Hi Xander,

The ROBOTC single license allows for a "few" activations so that you can have flexibility where you use ROBOTC. The intention is to give the end user flexibility, not for people to group together and only purchase one license.

That being said, I can increase your activation count by one so that you can install and activate it on your laptop and desktop. I will just need to know your license ID so I can change the data in the activation system.

Thanks.

- Timothy

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]