View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
VEXNet Connection 
Rookie

Post VEXNet Connection
Hi,

I am currently struggling to communicate wirelessly between the joystick and the cortex. I also want to be able to program the cortex wirelessly - is this possible.

I have the orange programming kit, and have updated the firmware on both the joystick and the cortex. However both the old (black) VEXnet keys and the new (white) keys, won't communicate with each other.

Can someone please help?!

I want to be able to plug the joystick into the PC (through the orange programming kit) and then wirelessly programme the Cortex from there. However I have followed a number of different user manuals and still can't seem to communicate.

Can the old VEXnet keys run with the new firmware? Or should I concentrate on the new ones?

Thanks,
Tom

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:58 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: VEXNet Connection
tombarnett92 wrote:
Hi,
I have the orange programming kit, and have updated the firmware on both the joystick and the cortex. However both the old (black) VEXnet keys and the new (white) keys, won't communicate with each other.

To clarify, are you saying that the keys won't work when they are used with an appropriate, same version key (black VEXNet 1.0 key with another black VEXNet 1.0 key, or a white VEXNet 2.0 key with another VEXNet 2.0 key), or is it not working when you attempt to pair a VEXNet 1.0 and a VEXNet 2.0 key together?

Note that you cannot mix and match keys; you must either VEXNet 1.0 keys on the Cortex AND Josytick Controller, or VEXNet 2.0 keys on both ends.

If you are using the same-version keys on both the Cortex and Joystick and it's still not pairing, please take a look through our 'Getting Started - VEX Cortex Wireless' guide (link below) and let us know specifically which step the process fails on. Please note that you will want to update ROBOTC to the latest version (either ROBOTC 4.30 or ROBOTC 3.65) to ensure that you are loading the most recent firmware version on the Cortex/Joystick Controller.

Getting Started - VEX Cortex Wireless: http://help.robotc.net/WebHelpVEX/index ... ots|_____3

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:53 pm
Rookie

Post Re: VEXNet Connection
Hi John,

Thanks for your help.
However I got the link working late last week, after re-installing the firmware update on the VEXnet 2.0 keys.

Regards,
Tom

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]