View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Super User menu level Config Setup 
Professor

Post Super User menu level Config Setup
I took a look at the Config Setup wizard which is available only when the menu level is set to Super User. It is obviously not ready for prime time. It is, however, very interesting. Dick or Tim, do you have any idea when this feature might be ready? If it is going to happen sometime in the next couple of months I'll mention it in my RobotC workshop tomorrow as something comming soon that FTC teams might find useful for this year's competition. One of the questions we received at one of our recent workshops was "How do I switch between tank and arcade mode". I had to tell the person that there was no such thing. They had to write the code to do either one. For tomorrow's workshop I am providing sample code that uses two buttons on the game controller to switch back and forth between tank and arcade style driving. To make things interesting, it uses the right joystick to control vertical arm movement when the drive mode is set to arcade. I suppose I'll tell them that reassigning the joysticks to different tasks under different circumstances is probably a good example of the kind of thing they can't use a wizard for.

Jeff

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:35 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Super User menu level Config Setup
It's on the "To-Do" list, but I can't imagine the functionality being complete in the next 2 months.

I think it would be better to not mention it and if/when it is finalized, we'll make a big announcement.

- Tim

Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]