View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Container Transporter Challenge 
Rookie

Post Container Transporter Challenge
I am having problems with the virtual robot returning to the unloading square in this challenge. I can pick up the red block and start to return to the unloading square but can not seem to get the robot to recognize the square color. I have tried colorRed, colorLimeGreen, and colorGrren. None seem to work. Anyone else having this problem or am I missing something?

Thanks

Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Post Re: Container Transporter Challenge
Hi rseniuk,

We are currently working on some problems with the color sensor in RVW. Try going to motors and senors set up and putting the color sensor in port 9. Or, you can use the obstacle detection robot and use the distance sensor in the front of the robot to detect the colors. Thanks,

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:59 pm
Rookie

I am using the object detection robot. The problem is when the robot returns to the square, in the curriculum challenge, there seems to be no way for the robot to know it is back at the drop-off square, as it changes to a lime green colour when the robot is on its way back to the square. Currently, I am trying to use the colour sensor in port 9, with a repeat until loop, to detect the drop off zone colour. I get the first block picked up and returned to the drop off square, get the second block picked up but the it is dropped almost immediately, not in the drop off square. I am using the distance sensor to move towards the blocks and stop when 5 mm away. This works.

Hope you can understand this.

Richard SEniuk

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Why don't you try using either a forward or backwards command (depending on the robot's orientation) after it captures the container. You should be able to find a standard amount of rotations that will return you to the drop off area. At the beginning, when the containers are closer, the object will be returned to the back of the drop off area. At the end, the containers will be dropped off at the front of the drop off area. Then, you can just repeat the process with a count. I hope that makes sense, thanks.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:02 pm
Rookie

Yes, your fix makes sense, however it would make more sense to have the box a solid colour. It would be easier to explain to students and get them to use the colour sensor as well as the distance sensor. Just my two cents worth. Wopos, my 5 cents worth as we no longer have pennies in Canada.

By the way, I had to re-log in to post the last two messages.

Your suggested fix works. Thanks

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:23 pm
Rookie

Here's my code for the Container Transporter. I've tried to fix the program, but it doesn't seem to move after it grabs the first container. Can you see what's wrong with my program? Thanks.

Attachments:
ContainerTransporterVR.JPG
ContainerTransporterVR.JPG [ 89.27 KiB | Viewed 9524 times ]
Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Hello,

Change the parameter in the moveMotor command from rotations to seconds. What sometimes happens with the gripper motor is that it never reaches the threshold. So, it is supposed to close 1 rotation. But, if it grabs the cube at only .5 rotations, the program gets stuck there. It is waiting for the gripper motor to turn the other .5 rotation. Therefore, the safest thing to do is to just set it for time. Let me know if that helps. Thanks,

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:22 pm
Rookie

The program almost works now. Which command do I need to set in order for the robot to go and drop the container into the drop off box? I tried using the color detector(Port 9), but it doesn't work. What am I supposed to use?

Attachments:
ContainerTransporterVR.JPG
ContainerTransporterVR.JPG [ 104.89 KiB | Viewed 9515 times ]
Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 pm

You could try to have your robot move the precise distance back to the goal area, much like the challenges in the Moving Forward portion of the curriculum.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]