View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
curriculum companion 
Rookie

Post curriculum companion
The curriculum companion shows blank when I compile and download. Robot C settings are in virtual world, Cortex 2.0 and Curriculum Companion 3.11.
Any thoughts on how to get the screen to show the Curriculum Companion correctly. The Palm Island opens but no bot appears. I can hear the bird sounds though.
Thanks,
Mark

Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:13 am
Rookie

Post Re: curriculum companion
I am experiencing the same problem. My curriculum companion does not work. I am using windows 8.1. I am trying to access the cs2n site. But it will not let me connect. Anyone have any suggestions.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:21 pm
Expert

I also have a similar problem with the FTC Block Party! virtual world. I'm running Windows 7 with ROBOTC 3.62. When I try to use it, all I get is the background image, none of the actual menus show up. The funny thing is that it used to work perfectly. I don't know if maybe installing ROBOTC 4 clobbered something in the virtual worlds for 3? :?

Check out our team website at http://bluechariotsoffire.com/.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Update: After further investigation with the RVW development team, there may be a separate problem that is causing these issues. This appears to be an issue created when ROBOTC Virtual Worlds 4.0 is installed with the new level packs, and then those level packs are attempted to be used in previous versions of ROBOTC 3.0. Essentially, the binder.dll file gets confused in the previous installation of ROBOTC 3.0; we have created a quick solution that will fix the file for you, which you can find here: cdn.robotvirtualworlds.com/files/RVW_Utility_100.exe

Download and run the executable, and the newest versions of the Virtual Worlds (Palm Island 2.50 and Ruins of Atlantis 2.50) should work with ROBOTC 3.62 again.

The previous response is quoted below and can also be used if the binder.dll fix does not resolve the issue.
Quote:
There are a couple of things that may be causing this issue. Usually, these types of issues can be attributed to insufficient hardware on the computer (graphics card) or missing drivers. To check this information, I will need to look at the computer's DirectX Diagnostics report.

To create a Direct X diagnostic report:

- Open the Windows Start menu
- Search for and open the Direct X Diagnostics tool, dxdiag.exe
- Allow the Diagnostics tool to collect the data and click the 'Save all Information' button to create the report text file.
- Save this file in an easy-to-access location (such as the desktop)
- Attach the file to an email and send it to our support team directly via support@robotc.net. Please make sure to put "Virtual Worlds Screen Issue" as the subject and reference this forum post in the body of the message so I will be able to keep things referenced properly on my end (you will also want to put your username so I can keep track of whose information I am dealing with).

In the meantime, there are a couple of things that I can suggest trying to resolve the issue if it is a software-based problem instead of a hardware based one.

First, you will need to manually clear the Virtual World's registry values. This can be done by following these steps:
- Open the Windows Start menu
- Search for and open the Windows Registry Editor, regedit.exe
- Navigate to the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Robomatter Inc-> Curriculum Companion' registry directory
- Delete the 'Curriculum Companion' folder

*Note: Please be very, very careful when making changes to the Windows registry as deleting the incorrect values can cause system instability. If you are not comfortable with this process, please have a trained computer technician perform these steps for you. We cannot be held liable for any system instability caused while performing these steps!

Once this is done, restart ROBOTC and launch the Virtual World to see if this has resolved the issue for you. If it has not, you may need to uninstall ROBOTC Virtual Worlds and reinstall it with the latest installer (which can be found on our downloads page, downloads.robotc.net/rvw-lego/RobotVirtualWorlds_LEGO_410B.exe)

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]