View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
VEXnet pairing issues 
Rookie

Post VEXnet pairing issues
I'm having trouble pairing a VEXnet remote to a Cortex. I have followed instructions from the guide (http://content.vexrobotics.com/docs/VEX ... 081811.pdf) carefully. I have searched the forums and as a result have tried multiple A-to-A cables, multiple batteries, multiple Cortex and multiple VEXnet controllers. In each situation when the Cortex is turned on the Robot and Game lights blink green with no VEXnet light. On the controller, at first, VEXnet light blinks yellow and the other lights are off. Then the VEXnet light goes solid green and the Robot light blinks green.

Light | Cortex | Controller
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ROBOT | Green (slow blink) | Green (slow blink)
VEXnet | off | Green (solid)
GAME | Green (fast blink) | off

I read a post that said the Cortex might be in autonomous mode but it looks like that is set by a line of code in the program and I can download various sample code and the behavior does not change.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a HS robotics class starting Monday and would like to use the controllers. Last year, after upgrading to Cortex, I had so many connection issues that I had my classes just use USB. This year I would like to use the remotes for some remote controlled stuff. Can I use the remotes tethered if VEXnet issues persist?

Thanks,
Bill

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:21 pm
Rookie

Post Re: VEXnet pairing issues
Are they VEXnet 1.0 (BLACK) or VEXnet 2.0 (WHITE)?
http://www.vexforum.com/showthread.php?t=77882
If they are Black...
Make sure the download method is set to VEXnet and USB in RobotC.
The infant mortality rate on the VEXnet 1.0 keys is very high, you should try swapping one or both keys. If you don't have spare keys you may be able to list your city and see if there is someone near you to test them.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: VEXnet pairing issues
I agree with CARBOT, double check to make sure the 'Robot -> VEX Cortex Communication Mode' is set to 'VEXNet or USB' or 'Competition' (if using a competition switch), as having this option set to 'USB Only' will force the Cortex to ignore its check for a VEXNet connection.

Also, please make sure to take a look through our 'Getting Started with the VEX Cortex - Wireless' guide on the ROBOTC wiki, as it covers all of the steps required for getting a paired VEXNet system up and running in ROBOTC.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]