View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Burnt servo? 
Rookie

Post Burnt servo?
:oops: So our FTC team was bending some plexiglass at our meeting today using a heat gun. The part we were bending was about 2-3 inches from the servos on our arm. I got home and was ding some troubleshooting, when I realized that anytime it uses a servo, not only do the servos not move, but the Samantha Module resets. I tried unplugging the servos from the servo controller, and the Samantha Module doesn't reset until I plug one of them back in. It doesn't matter which servo I plug in, and I checked to make sure there ser no shorts in the wiring, and I can't find any. It worked fine this morning before we bent the plastic. Did I burn the servos up? What are the chances of this happening?

Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:07 pm
Professor

Post Re: Burnt servo?
What happens if you use a different servo but the same servo controller? Or a different servo controller but the same servo? You might have messed up some of the electronics inside of a servo, but I have no clue why that would affect the Samantha module.

and also quadrotors. Quadrotors!

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:31 pm
Rookie

Sadly, I don't have any other servos or controllers. :(

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:59 pm
Rookie

Ok, I feel like stupid now. :P The whole problem was a faulty ground going to the servo controller. With the servo controller being second on the daisy chain after the motor controller, this explains the problem. As for the Samantha Module problems, not only was it poorly connected, but it was getting it's ground from the servo controller, which was poorly grounded. Learn from my mistakes, newbies! :) Thanks for your help, though. :)

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]