View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
RobotC v 4.0 
Professor

Post Re: RobotC v 4.0
Ah, never mind then. I saw a snippet of news saying that NXC supported EV3 already, but I guess that's yet to come.
Source: http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/

and also quadrotors. Quadrotors!

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 pm
Expert

Okay. That's a better Source than that small birdie you mentioned about a month earlier! :D .

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Guru

as far as I can see the news is just about BCC (the IDE), not NXC (the old NXT compiler):

- NXC is a bytecode compiler just for the NXT virtual machine (the VM = a bytecode interpreter) and runs both under BCC and also independently out of a console by command line parameters,

- BCC is featuring a text editor and several brick tools and integrates compilers of different kinds for different target systems, e.g. the RCX, Spybotics, NXT, and the EV3.

Targeting the EV3, BCC is supporting a "real" gnu gpp ANSI C compiler (CSLite 2009), generating genuine Linux executables (no VM needed any more ! ).

John Hansen obviously appears to be stalling on his BCC/C API for the EV3, though:
- there still is missing a sensor API
- there still are completely missing daisy-chaining features
- there still are missing included tools e.g., for interfacing the PC by USB (so the Lego VM can't be shut down)
- multitasking will not be featured by John's API by design (regrettably) - nevertheless, it can be integrated easily by linking to POSIX libs (i.e., pthread, which is already present on the ev3 Linux drive)
- the rest (i.e., motors, buttons, screen, sound) is almost finished and already quite usable but it's far from the convenience one once was used to by formerly NQC or NXC.

(I can give you some NXC vs. BCC/C comparisons if you wish - but I am eagerly waiting to get RobotC 4.0 ASAP, too)

#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;task main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PutPixel(x,y);}}}while(1)}

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2