View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
3 year time limit with perpetual version upgrade 
Rookie

Post 3 year time limit with perpetual version upgrade
Does the 3 year time limit with the perpetual version EULA get reset when I upgrade from 3.X to 4.X?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: 3 year time limit with perpetual version upgrade
For reference, I'm assuming this is in relation to the following (from the EULA):

Quote:
Single User License:

If, during the term of the license or for up to three years after the license is purchased, whichever amount of time is shorter, the Licensee has a hardware failure or a computer upgrade that requires re-installation of the ROBOTC Software on another computer then the Licensee is permitted to install the software on a different computer as long as the total number of installations is no more than two (2) computers.

Six Seat Team and 30 Seat Classroom Licenses:

If, within the term of the license or for the first three years of installation, whichever amount of time is shorter, a hardware failure or upgrade requires re-installation of the software on another computer, this will not count as an additional installation against the license limits.

If this is correct, then yes, the 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade will 'refresh' this time limit. To clarify, this 3 year is not a time limit on how long you can use a perpetual license (they will remain usable after 3 years from date of purchase); this is in reference to a manual license reset on our end for a license that is older than 3 years old.

Also note that the EULA has been updated for ROBOTC 4.0; the updated version can be found here: http://www.robotc.net/purchase/eula.php

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]