View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Issues with Samantha 
Rookie

Post Issues with Samantha
Hi!
I'm working on using my Samantha to control my robot. I am currently having a number of issues. Firstly, the Samantha is switching between using two completely different IP addresses, one being 10.10.x.x and the other being 169.254.x.x, with the x being a varying number. Secondly, when it is connected with the 10.10.x.x IP address, it will not allow me to type it into the address bar and visit the information page, but it will allow me to control it via the Samantha Field Control software. When it is connected using the 169.254.x.x address, I can visit the page most of the time, but the connection is pretty unstable and the most I have been able to run it with the Samantha Field Control is about 10 seconds before it loses connection. I have not been able to connect to Robotc with either of the IP addresses. Any help regarding this situation would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit: I am now able to reach the information page with the 10.10.x.x address. RobotC will still not recognize the robot however. Is there any way to make my Samantha default to this address since it seems to be more reliable than the other one?

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:35 pm
Professor

Post Re: Issues with Samantha
169.254.x.x is an automatic IP address. If your computer (or Samantha, I guess) ever gets that IP, it means it tried to get an IP via DHCP but didn't receive one.

How is your router set up? I would recommend using a 192.168.1.x address, just because it's standard. If you have a 10.10.x.x address where the last two numbers change, you either have some weird sub-netting going on, or the router/Samantha is messed up.

and also quadrotors. Quadrotors!

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:41 pm
Rookie

Alright. Thanks for your help! Do you have any idea why robotc won't allow me to connect via wifi though? It probably isn't a huge deal since I can just do stuff through the Samantha control field software, but it would be nice.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 pm
Professor

Hmm... Could you take a screenshot of the wireless settings of your router? That would be useful.

and also quadrotors. Quadrotors!

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]