View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
RVW Palm Island 
Rookie

Post RVW Palm Island
I'm a newbie to RVW & RobotC. I'm a teacher and trying to figure out things. I downloaded Palm Island Rescue Bots Training Ground and started using the program to learn basic programing. Every thing is working fine except the embedded buttons in the video. Any ideas? Also, any other RVW software that introduces basic programing? Bob

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Post Re: RVW Palm Island
Hey bwilson,

I'm a teacher also. I was in your shoes not too long ago. Have you heard about the Summer of Learning?? You can check it out here: http://www.cs2n.org/summer-of-learning

This is a great opportunity to take the summer to learn ROBOTC principles and how to apply them to your class. We have a section on the forum here dedicated to the summer of learning so you can ask whatever questions you want. Moreover, there are lectures recorded that help guide you through the ROBOTC curriculum.

I love talking to other teachers about ROBOTC. Please let me know how I can help.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 pm
Rookie

Thanks parkway! I'll be teaching robotics to 7th & 8th graders this year. What grade level do you teach? Bob

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

bwilson wrote:
Every thing is working fine except the embedded buttons in the video.

Hi Bob,
Can you be more specific about what you mean by the embedded buttons in the video? Do you mean the Skip button in the intro video (with Roxie the robot), the buttons to step through the tutorials that appear at the beginning of each mission, or something else?

Thanks,
--Ryan

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:12 am
Rookie

Thanks Ryan
The game is working fine. Humility is awesome - in the intro, I thought they wanted me to press the play button there in the intro - duh. I am 60 - do I'll chalk that up to a senior moment. Bob

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:46 pm

bwilson wrote:
Thanks parkway! I'll be teaching robotics to 7th & 8th graders this year. What grade level do you teach? Bob

I teach ROBOTC to students in grades 5-8.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]