View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Leftover Time 
Rookie

Post Leftover Time
What am I supposed to do with any extra time to get it to count towards the shortest time?
Quote:
Tie Breakers
1. The highest score in the shortest amount of time. (i.e. The game is 120 seconds long. If
the player has completed all of the scoring at 115 seconds they can press the Game
Stop Button to stop the game. If two Players have the same score, the score completed
in the shortest amount of time is the winner.)
I couldn't find the "Game Stop Button", so am I supposed to have a while(true){} at the end of my code until the clock runs outs?

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Leftover Time
Hi tr24em,
We probably need a better way to handle this (like actually having a Game Stop Button), but yes a while(true){} will do the trick. If you get bored, you can also waste time more quickly by switching start points using the Switch Robot window; this won't impact your ranking at all (I believe the rules say something about using number of resets as a tie breaker, but since we record the time to 0.0001 of a second, we won't ever get there as a criteria).

Best,
--Ryan

P.S. For anyone who's confused, we record the time at which you achieved your highest score and submit that at the end of the time period. This prevents you from having twitch-click a stop button in order to get the best time possible.

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]