View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Open RVW Level Builder Utility 
Rookie

Post Open RVW Level Builder Utility
Hi,

I'm just install new version of RobotC 3.5 and found interesting new item in menu Window - Open RVW Level Builder Utility
When I select this menu item, I'm get message : "This feature is not currently installed"

As I see it will be separate application ? When and how we can use it to build own worlds ?

Best Regards,
Alexander

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Open RVW Level Builder Utility
We're planning on releasing the level builder this week! Thanks for your interest - there will be a blog post once it's available.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:49 am
Rookie

Having problems with the level builder.
When I open it the start area is a blurry red question mark and all the shapes are question marks not the icons.
It is obviously not fully initialized but I don't know how to fix it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 pm
Rookie

robusto wrote:
Having problems with the level builder.
When I open it the start area is a blurry red question mark and all the shapes are question marks not the icons.
It is obviously not fully initialized but I don't know how to fix it.

OK fixed this by installing on another machine.

Next questoin : I don't see any light sources in the level builder. Is this right?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm glad you were able to get it working on a second machine. I would recommend uninstalling it and reinstalling it on the first machine - it sounds like the installation failed for some reason.

Quote:
Next questoin : I don't see any light sources in the level builder. Is this right?

The actual table is lit by several area lights, but there are no objects that create light (like a lamp), if that's what you mean. That said, it's an interesting idea - how would you use them with the level builder?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 am
Rookie

Quote:

The actual table is lit by several area lights, but there are no objects that create light (like a lamp), if that's what you mean. That said, it's an interesting idea - how would you use them with the level builder?[/quote]

I am writing a light seeking (while avoiding obstacles) app for my NXT robot. It is in the TR style which I am not used too, so a bit tricky. I'd love to be able to work on it in the simulator.
In general terms, light sources obviously are needed to to test out the active light sensor and coding for it.
One of the challenges in the curriculum, the Firefly Bot is close to the environement I need . I would just need to add a few objects!

Cheers

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm
Rookie

I'm having problems saving files in the new version of the level builder 2.0.1

After building a level, Save does not bring up a file dialog box. Also, on clicking Play , program ask whether changes should be saved, but again does not bring up the Save file dialog box. This means the model can never be played!
Also, File->Open, does not bring up a file dialog box either.

(Windows 7, RobotC 3.60)

Thu May 16, 2013 9:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi robusto,
Can you run the Level Builder manually (i.e. not through ROBOTC) by going to either C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW\ or C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW\ depending on your platform and running RVWLevelBuilder.exe. After it opens, go to Build mode (it will likely exit if you click Play) and try saving the level. Running Level Builder this way will generate a log file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW\RVWLevelBuilder_Data\output_log.txt. Can you either upload that file in a post here, or email it to me at rcahoon[at-sign]nrec.ri.cmu.edu?

Thanks,
--Ryan

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]