View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Wifi/tetrix troubles 
Rookie

Post Wifi/tetrix troubles
Hi,
I have been working on fixing errors in for my ftc code for a while now, and i have several i havent seen anyone else post about. First, when i try to use a remote control to run with tetrix, the remote registers, the blue tooth connection registers, the program runs with no errors, and it will not work. Second, I do not have the option to connect to the nxt via wifi, there is no option in the drop down on the communication link setup page in nxt. On top of that, I use to not have these errors on one log on on a computer at my school. On other log ons, i would still have these errors, and I also have these errors on all other computers no matter which log on I am on. I have tried to reinstall robotc many times on different computers, and I have gotten no where. Using windows vista btw, if that helps.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Wifi/tetrix troubles
I will need a bit more information before I am able to assist you further. For the first problem, what do you mean exactly when you say 'it will not work"? Does the Joystick Control debugger window recognize the joystick and update the values accordingly, or does it say 'Joystick not equipped'?

For the second issue, make sure that the 'Enable Wireless Searching for NXT' option is enabled in the 'View -> Preferences' menu in ROBOTC; this will allow ROBOTC to search for the NXT via bluetooth and wifi (if you are using it during a competition, you will need to use the Samantha Module to connect via wifi).

If these problems are intermittent between logons, that usually means that there is a program or restriction in place on that particular set of computers that could be resetting the ROBOTC registry values. The only thing I can suggest from the ROBOTC standpoint is to attempt a registry value reset (which will reset them to their ROBOTC defaults); this can be performed by navigating to the 'View -> Delete all registry values' menu option in ROBOTC.

If it is still giving you issues after that, you will need to contact your school's IT department to see if they can find out what the registry restrictions may be.

There are also a couple of links that you may want to look into (below) that could possibly solve the first two problems for you:

Wiki guide on setting up and using joysticks: http://www.robotc.net/wiki/NXT_Using_Joysticks

Wiki guide on setting up the Samantha Module: http://www.robotc.net/wiki/TETRIX_Samantha_Module

Please let me know if you are still having trouble with these particular issues and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]