View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
EOPD Ranges 
Rookie

Post EOPD Ranges
For the EOPD sensor, with Xanders drivers, what is _processed value that is considered the point where the range of the sensor needs to be switched from short range to long range. If u can, i also want to know the _raw value.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Post Re: EOPD Ranges
I am not sure what you're trying to ask. You want to know when to switch from Long Range to Short Range? I suspect that may be something you need to determine experimentally.

= Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

yes thats what i meant. ok i will try experimentally. i just thought that u might know what is considered long range and whats considered short range. i dont really know how to experiment really with this since i will be getting values using both ranges no matter what. i just want to know when it is an ideal time to switch to make use of the ranges. shouldn't u know what the values are for short range and long range if they exist to be used for certain distances.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's hard to give an exact threshold value for a sensor such as the EOPD sensor, because the threshold value (when to switch from 'long' to 'short' range) will vary from application to application. One robot might want to stay 16 inches away from an object; another robot using the same sensor may want to stay 6 inches away from the same object.

We would need to know what you are using the sensor for and how far away from objects you want to be before other actions in the code are triggered, which is actually the answer you need anyways. How far away from (or close to) an object do you need to be before the robot changes behaviors?

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 am
Rookie

nvmd i just realized that the difference between short and long range is that the numbers are bigger for long range, so i guess ill just use long range only and use the values from that.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]