View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Need immediate help with programming for FTC Ring It Up! 
Rookie

Post Need immediate help with programming for FTC Ring It Up!
Hello, I am the only programmer on my team, and had 2 weeks to learn how to program RobotC (I've had previous experience with programming languages). At this moment I was able to program the wheels to the left and right joysticks on joystick 1, what I really need help with is: I have 2 motors on the back of the robot and I need them to act as one motor, and be synced. On the arm, to lift the rings, I need to be able to press 1 and control the arm with the joysticks or press any button, I need to be able to do this with a 3 joints of the arm, these motors consist of 1 lego and 2 dc. One more thing I need is, for the wheels since left motor is Joy1_y1 and right motor is joy1_y2, how can I get these motors I sync. Please, someone! This competition is in 2 days, I wasn't able to program the past week because I was sick.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Need immediate help with programming for FTC Ring It Up!
Would you be able to post the code you have already, and your possible ideas on how to accomplish your task? This will give us a good idea of where you are starting from and where you need to be.

Also, make sure to take a look through our video trainer guide for the NXT/TETRIX system, as it does go over (in great detail) everything you need to know for this program. Plus, it teaches everything from basic programming concepts (variables, motors, etc) to advanced principles (loops, conditional statements, joystick commands, etc) which can be used in pretty much any programming language (and that kind of knowledge is never bad to have)!

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 pm
Guru

Post Re: Need immediate help with programming for FTC Ring It Up!
qoj wrote:
what I really need help with is: I have 2 motors on the back of the robot and I need them to act as one motor, and be synced. On the arm, to lift the rings, I need to be able to press 1 and control the arm with the joysticks or press any button, I need to be able to do this with a 3 joints of the arm, these motors consist of 1 lego and 2 dc. One more thing I need is, for the wheels since left motor is Joy1_y1 and right motor is joy1_y2, how can I get these motors I sync. Please, someone! This competition is in 2 days, I wasn't able to program the past week because I was sick.

Well, you need to start and ask for help much earlier than 2 days before competition! Sorry that I wasn't able to help earlier. We were in competition ourselves this past weekend. It may be too late now but I am going to answer some of your questions anyway just for your future reference. I assume when you say you want two motors to be synced, you meant you are using two motors to drive the same mechanism (e.g. arm) for the shared load. In that case, you can just program the same "power level" to both motors. If the two motors are on the same chain, they will be synchronized by themselves because of the chain. You just need to make sure the two motors are driving the load in the same direction or else you need to change the polarity (i.e. reversed) of one of the motors. Regarding your arm, I don't have a very clear picture on what your design is and what you want exactly. So unless you give us more details or even show us your code so far, it is hard for us to help you on that. Regardless, there are many code samples on how to program a joystick and/or buttons to control arms. For example, if you have download Virtual World, the gripper bot code has an arm controlled by joystick.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]