View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
bluetooth connection 
Rookie

Post bluetooth connection
I connect easily the NXT brick to my computer (windows 7) but after that, the RobotC programm does not see it!
After clicking "repeat search" in USB or Bluetooth selection, I have immediatly the message "no 'NXT' bricks could be found".
Thank you to help for a solution.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: bluetooth connection
There are two things I would suggest checking. First, check to make ROBOTC has wireless searching enabled. This can be found under the 'View -> Preferences -> Enable Wireless Searching for NXT' menu option in ROBOTC.

Next, I suggest taking a look through our Bluetooth NXT setup guide, which will walk you through how to set up a compatible Bluetooth module on both Windows and ROBOTC: http://www.robotc.net/wiki/Setting_up_Bluetooth_for_NXT.

Also, if you have followed all of the above steps and it still won't work in ROBOTC, there is a possibility that your particular adapter is not compatible with the LEGO Fantom Bluetooth chipset. Laurens Valk has a pretty comprehensive list of compatible adapters on his website you may want to look at as well.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Guru

Have you gone through the Bluetooth control panel on the PC side to pair with the NXT? You need to do that first so that a Bluetooth COM port is created. That's what the "Connection" dialog in RobotC is scanning for.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Rookie

Thank you John for your answers.
I have checked all of your proposals, and unfortunatly my problem is remaining !

MHTS,
In my case, the port COM 4 is used between NXT and the computer, but is there a way to know or change what port RobotC program is looking for connection ?

I see in the forums quite a lot of issues when using Win 7 instead of XP... myself I had no problem when I used XP !... I can't understand why !

Thank you for your help.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Out of curiosity, are you attempted to connect to the NXT brick via Bluetooth while the brick is plugged in via USB? If this is the case, you will need to make sure you unplug the USB and configure the Communication Link Setup to check for USB or Bluetooth OR USB, Bluetooth, or Wifi. ROBOTC checks for USB connections first by default, and if it finds an NXT brick physically hooked up over USB it will connect to it via USB, not Bluetooth.

Also, what happens when you pair the adapter in Windows? Are you getting any error messages or any popups that aren't outlined in the guide?

Just to be clear, are you having trouble connecting with Bluetooth only, or connecting to the NXT brick over USB and over Bluetooth?

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:31 pm
Guru

One of the things I found happened a lot was that the search for Bluetooth in the "Communication link setup" timed out repeatedly because I sometimes did not realize the brick was prompting me to pressed the orange button to accept the 1234 pairing key. So check your brick while trying to connect.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 pm
Rookie

The connection between NXT and computer is OK without any message. Of course, I try to connect RobotC out of USB, and when it is alone, USB works perfectly.
When I try to connect with RobotC, the NXT screen does not move at all and keeps connected with the computer !

I have pictured the NXT and RobotsC screens, but I don't know how to post them in this forum...

I go on programming my robots through USB, with all the inconveniences you probably know !

Regards

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:10 am
Rookie

I finally succeed in loging using
APM 2.0 EDR USB Adapter
Model N° 571192

just plugging it in the computer, but not using the delivred CD for installation !
When you plug the dongle, it installs itself and that is enough !

I also discovered you don't need to connect the NXT with the computer before asking RobotC to do the connection. In fact, I think now if you connect the NXT before, the RobotC program can't find it because the bluetooth link is occupied. That was probably the main reason of my problem.

Thank you MHTS and John for your help.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]