View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Autonmous question 
Rookie

Post Autonmous question
I have an idea to use a servo as sensor. The goal would be to make an arm like device and when to robot touches the goal area the robot connects to the goal and the servo moves out of a set position in theory is this possible to use a servo as a sensor I am trying to use two light sensors and ir beacon and a touch sensor so if i can do that that would be great. Any help or ideas to help?

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 pm
Guru

Post Re: Autonmous question
Casey890 wrote:
I have an idea to use a servo as sensor. The goal would be to make an arm like device and when to robot touches the goal area the robot connects to the goal and the servo moves out of a set position in theory is this possible to use a servo as a sensor I am trying to use two light sensors and ir beacon and a touch sensor so if i can do that that would be great. Any help or ideas to help?

It depends on what kind of servo you are talking about. If you are talking about the LEGO motors with built-in encoders, then yes, you could use them as sensors. But if you are talking about servo motors that connect to the Textrix servo controllers, then no, there is no feedback for these motors. Would you describe more details on how you would use two light sensors, an IR beacon and a touch sensor? I can't imagine how you could use those. Out team uses two IR seekers doing triangulation.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:02 am
Rookie

Regarding your idea: If I understand the rules correctly, you are not allowed to grasp onto any parts of the field except for the rings. So if you plan to hold onto the goal peg for some reason, you may be penalized.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 am
Rookie

Yes I would really like to use the lego servo motors instead then using the pid control if I am correct right?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]