View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Autonomous robot's navigation 
Rookie

Post Re: Autonomous robot's navigation
Fun with AVM Navigator

It's little demo of object recognition and learning from motion with helping of AVM Navigator.

All object rectangle coordinates are available in RoboRealm pipeline from external variables:
NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_X - left-top corner X coordinate of recognized object
NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_Y - left-top corner Y coordinate of recognized object
NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_W - width of recognized object
NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_H - height of recognized object

So you can use it in your VBScript program.

See here for more details.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:11 pm
Rookie

Alan wrote:
Hi,

I noticed in the youtube video that you jiggle the object (your face or the book) slightly during the learrning phase. Is this an advantage?

Cheers,

Alan

In fact the AVM algorithm is not invariance to rotation and you should show the object for memorizing to AVM search tree under different angles during training for further correct recognition.

See also an example of using of Canny module as background for AVM Navigator:

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 am
Rookie

Tomy Omnibot & AVM Navigator

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:46 pm
Rookie

EDV wrote:
Since October 2007 I developed new object recognition algorithm "Associative Video Memory" (AVM).

Algorithm AVM uses a principle of multilevel decomposition of recognition matrices, it is steady against noise of the camera and well scaled, simply and quickly for training.

And now I want to introduce my experiment with robot navigation based on visual landmark beacons: "Follow me" and "Walking by gates".

Follow Me

Walking from p2 to p1 and back

I embodied both algorithms to Navigator plugin for using within RoboRealm software.
So, you can try now to review my experiments with using AVM Navigator.

The Navigator module has two base algorithms:

-= Follow me =-
The navigation algorithm do attempts to align position of a tower and the body
of robot on the center of the first recognized object in the list of tracking
and if the object is far will come nearer and if it is too close it will be
rolled away back.

-= Walking by gates =-
The gate data contains weights for the seven routes that indicate importance of this gateway for each route. At the bottom of the screen was added indicator "horizon" which shows direction for adjust the robot's motion for further movement on the route. Field of gates is painted blue if the gates do not participate in this route (weight rate 0), and warmer colors (ending in yellow) show a gradation of "importance" of the gate in the current route.

* The procedure of training on route
For training of the route you have to indicate actual route (button "Walking by way") in "Nova gate" mode and then you must drive the robot manually by route (the gates will be installed automatically). In the end of the route you must click on the button "Set checkpoint" and then robot will turn several times on one spot and mark his current location as a checkpoint.

So, if robot will walk by gates and suddenly will have seen some object that can be recognized then robot will navigate by the "follow me" algorithm.

If robot can't recognize anything (gate/object) then robot will be turning around on the spot
for searching (it may twitch from time to time in a random way).

For more information see also thread: "Autonomous robot's navigation" at Trossen Robotics.

Good work, I'm going to have a good read through your posts and sites later. I'm wanting to do a follow me type robot too.

Mike

PS It was nice to practise my Russian too in the Follow Me video, even if the words on the card were just 'come here'!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Rookie

I am impressed by your knowledge and "come here" really was correct translation there! :)

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:51 am
Rookie

EDV wrote:
I am impressed by your knowledge and "come here" really was correct translation there! :)

Haha, it's just as well you didn't have to hear me say it. My tongue is having a problem learning Russian pronunciation!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:02 am
Rookie

Hi guys,

I'm still working over AVM technology. Now I've founded my own company that is named Invarivision.com.
We are small but passionate team of developers that are working over system which would be able watch TV and recognize video that interests user.

And we need your help!

It seems that interface of our search system is good enough because we try to make it to be simple and user friendly but from other point of view it could be a total disaster.

Could you please take a look to our system and then tell us about good and bad sides of this?

The constructive criticism is welcome.

With kind regards, EDV.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 am
Rookie

Cbenson wrote:
This is quite different from autonomous robot navigation.

Our search system also is the robot that watches TV like a human but does it simultaneously on several TV channels and this robot can watch TV nonstop and do not to get tired :)

Cbenson wrote:
Can you explain more about how the system would determine what video interests the user?

The user just uploads video which interests him to the search system and then system would search it on all channels that are scanned.

Also user can add own TV channel that interests him if system still does not have such channel.

So, in other words: AVM Video Search system provides service that allows customers to make audit of TV channels or searching of forbidden or copyrighted video in file with help of automatically recognition of the video content.

The main advantage of this system is direct recognition of separate images into analyzing of video content that is provide searching of very small video fragments about two seconds long.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2