View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Vex one minute autonomous question. 
Rookie

Post Vex one minute autonomous question.
This year I have decided to take the programing skills challenge for the vex sack attack competition, but I don't know what template do I have to use? Do I use a programing template or just a regular new file?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Vex one minute autonomous question.
You will want to use one of the competition templates (File-> New-> Competition Template). There are three sections; Pre-Auton, Autonomous, and User Control.

Pre-Auton is used to 'set up' your robot before the competition. It's generally used to set servo positions, calibrate sensors, etc. Make sure you don't put any code in here that could disqualify your robot (such as having the robot move off the start area).

Autonomous is the section for all the autonomous code. This section is where you'll want to focus on and put your code in.

User Control is the section for all the user-control code. You can safely ignore this section if you are just doing the autonomous challenge.

The program is controlled by the physical Competition switch and will end once the 'disabled' switch is thrown. You can simulate the full one-minute competition by changing the 20 second duration limit in the:
Code:
#pragma autonomousDuration(20)

statement to 60.

You can also use the Competition Control debugger window (Robot -> Debugger Windows -> Competition Control) to simulate the three phases of the competition.

We have a fairly detailed wiki page on the competition templates you may wish to take a look at, as well as an up-to-date Software Inspection Guide (definitely recommended).

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]