View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
connecting the Dexter Industries WIFI sensor 
Novice

Post Re: connecting the Dexter Industries WIFI sensor
Okay.... I set up my Robotc 3.08 program as shown in Xander's Driver tutorial. I then tried to use the DIWIFI-test1.c sample program. In the DIWIFI-driver.h code I replaced the ssid with and wpa_psk[] with what the wireless router is set to. When I compile the program I get a long list of voids that are not called. Also, I noticed that the DIWIFI sensor is not declared at the top with the colour and temperature sensors. As you may have guessed I still cannot connect to the wireless. Are there other settings I need to change in either the DIWIFI-test1.c or DIWIFI-driver.h codes

Mike

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:01 am
Novice

I am still have problems getting the sensor to connect to my wireless access point. I tried setting the wireless access point to be open with MAC address authentication. The program I used is the one in the zip file available on the Dexter Industries web site -- DIWIFI-Connect_WEP.c. I changed the wifi_auth_mode(0); to wifi_auth_mode(1); The router shows that the sensor associates but does not get an IP address. Are there other changes that I need to make? Here is the output from the debug stream:

echo_all_input_off
ate0

OK
sfwr_flw_cntrl
at&k1

OK
set_verbose
atv1

OK
wifi_infra_mode.
at+wm=0

OK
discon_frm_networksat+wd

OK
ATS1=1000

OK
AT+PSPOLLINTRL=1200
OK
Set Max Xmit Power
at+WP=7

OK
- - - - - - - - -
Set WEP Key
AT+WWEP1=****5*5*5*
ERROR: INVALID INPUT
setDHCP
at+NDHCP=1

OK
wifi_auth_mode
at+wauth=1

OK
- - - - - - - - -
assoc_w_network
at+WA=Pickles

ERROR: IP CONFIG FAIL
getInfo
at+NSTAT=?
IP addr=0.0.0.0 SubNet=0.0.0.0 Gateway=0.0.0.0
DNS1=0.0.0.0 DNS2=0.0.0.0
Rx Count=29 Tx Count=19688

OK
getInfo
at+WSTATUS

MODE:0 CHANNEL:3 SSID:"Pickles"
BSSID:00:21:04:b5:87:da SECURITY:NONE
OK

Tue May 29, 2012 10:09 pm

I will ask DI to take a look at this thread to see what the problem could be. Stand by :)

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Wed May 30, 2012 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

Hey Folks,

I want to help, but I'm having trouble following the thread at this point. Lego Geek, can you tell me how your wifi router is setup right now?

Thanks!

John Cole
(Dexter Industries)

http://www.dexterindustries.com/blog

Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Novice

I have finally managed to get the Dexter Industries WiFi sensor to connect to my network. What needed to do was turn off the wireless on the Siemens SE567. I then setup a linksys wireless on a sub net and plugged that into my Siemens DSL router. Now comes the interesting part of setting up a web page that I can access remotely to control the NXT.

Mike,

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:16 pm
Novice

I had a chance to fiddle with the network over the weekend. When I try to connect to the Siemens SE567 router/wireless from Telus does not work. John Cole from Dexter Industries suggested to change the line Receive(); which tries 1 time to connect to the access point, to Receive_Content(); which tries over and over until a connection is made. There must be something in the wireless setup or the device itself that prevents connection. So, then I turned off the wireless part on the Siemens device and connected my old linksys as a subnet of the Siemens router. Both devices are capable of doing DHCP. Right now I can plug into either device and get a IP and connect to the Internet. For now, only the linksys is a wireless access point. If anyone is interested in the exact setup I can check at home and provide those details. A future project is to locate the linksys device to the opposite end of the house so that we can have Internet access out on the back deck. The problem will be routing a cat5 cable and power to where I need it, and figuring out how to get the two wireless access points to co-operate with each other. More learning headed my way!

Mike,

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2