View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Any tips for running RobotC on a Mac? 
Rookie

Post Re: Any tips for running RobotC on a Mac?
Thanks for your quick response! :)
I was able to get it working using Parallels. I'm glad I can use RobotC on my computer now.
Thanks again!
-mk

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:18 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Any tips for running RobotC on a Mac?
I now have 3.08 running just fine on my iMac. However, I had a long and annoying saga of problems.

I used to use 2.26 (beta) on a Windows machine. This installed and ran fine on the iMac when booted into Windows from bootcamp. Unfortunately I then decided to try and run it in Parallels from Mac OSX - big mistake! 2.26 worked fine in the virtual machine. However, the new environment made RobotC think it needed to re-activate but I had run out of activations by now. That stopped the software working in bootcamp and also on my work (Windows) laptop that I needed for teaching robotics to my students :-(

I sent a support request in - they did not reply, but I mysteriously got 2 free 365 day activations for 3.08!

I installed 3.08 in the Parallels virtual machine and got the same stream of about 50 registry errors that others have spoken about. I wondered if it was going to be one-off and wasted an activation trying to get it to work. I then uninstalled from the virtual machine and booted into Windows from bootcamp. I installed 3.08 in native Windows on the iMac and it worked fine. I used my last activation on that - so I'm not sure what will happen in school now!

So: if you get RobotC working in the Parallels virtual machine (as some seem to have done) that's great. However, if you are getting the registry errors then don't panic! Don't activate the software - it won't help. Just uninstall from Parallels and try again in bootcamp.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2