View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Improving Samantha connection 
Rookie

Post Improving Samantha connection
My team currently has a robot that has a low profile, and we would like to prevent our robot from disconnecting, etc. during matches (without putting our Samantha on a raised Tetrix piece). At tournaments, robots, including our own at times, seem to disconnect or stop working very often during gameplay. I am wondering what the cause of these failures are, and what the best ways are to avoid these. We are willing to do anything that is allowed in the rulebook to stop these failures.

I've read that article FIRST published about improving Samantha's connection, but despite doing that, there are still disconnects and failures. Especially now that we are headed to worlds in St. Louis, we are worried about interference caused by all the different fields and WiFi transmitters they have.

Thanks!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:14 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Improving Samantha connection
There have been reports that losing Samantha connection is due to a bad battery connector. The connector can be improved by pinching the contacts slightly to improve connection, or replacing them with better connectors.
John

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:28 pm
Novice

Post Re: Improving Samantha connection
All I can think of is the bad battery connectoy as johncdelacy has said. But good luck at Worlds. We will see you there. It is going to be interesting, as last year (We were at Worlds last year) they were having sooooooooooooo many problems with the wifi, and having that many robots. Almost all of the robots last year at Worlds disconnected one or more times in matches. So we will see.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]