View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Sound out procedure for VEX Cortex 
Rookie

Post Sound out procedure for VEX Cortex
I am not able to find the songs.c example program in the Cortex RobotC package, nor am I able to find documentation for the correct #pragma statement to set Motor1 port for sound output. Also the GUI pragma generator in v 2.32 (8.31) Apr 6, 11 of ROBOTC does not seem to have a pull down value for setting the pragma value for sound out.

Can someone post a simple example for sound output, for example a simple PlayTone( , );

Thx!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Sound out procedure for VEX Cortex
Speakers get plugged into the "SP" Port on the Cortex, after the Digital ports. There's no configuration or pragma statements necessary - any sound commands in your program refer to the SP port.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:27 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Sound out procedure for VEX Cortex
Hi Jesse,

Thank you very much for the direction to the SP port, I see the audio coming out now. Is that documented anywhere, I know it is kind of obvious, except I went to this forum and the info I found seemed all to point me to using the motor 1 port?

Anyone have any recommendations for a simple amp circuit that will work with the SP port output? Maybe something using a LM386 might be a direction?

Thanks !

-- Dave

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]