View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
"until" facility in RobotC? 
Rookie

Post "until" facility in RobotC?
I’m interested that the “Natural Language Samples” include an “until” type of statement. As far as I’m aware, C compilers usually do not usually include a facility of the “do begin….end until Boolean” type, preferring the “while Boolean do begin … end” type of facility. My questions are:
1) Is there an intention to provide an “until” type facility in RobotC?
I’m guessing that if the answer to 1) is “No”, the “until” facilities in the “Natural Language Samples” are provided by the inclusion of procedures calling the “while” facility. If this is the case:
2) Is it permissible to include one’s own set of procedures within the H99 framework?
I ask this because I’m already using a set of my own “make RobotC simpler for beginners” type of procedures, as raw RobotC was judged a bit difficult for my lower middle school pupils.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: "until" facility in RobotC?
Hi glia,

In response to your first point: No, the until functions are in fact provided by the inclusion of procedures calling the while facility. ROBOTC doesn't support "until" and unfortunately we don't plan on implementing it any time soon. Though as you can see with the Natural Language Library, you can get around this with some very simple programming.

Which brings us to point 2: Yes! You can create as many custom libraries as you like. Just put them somewhere and include a " #include "path/morepath/file.extension" " command at the top of your code. It works the same in the H99 framework as regular ROBOTC since it's the same general ROBOTC compiler. However, some very advanced, robot-specific commands won't work in the Virtual World. Things like the VEX LCD screen or some pwm regulation code. But it sounds to me like for your class you don't need things that advanced and in fact, want to create your own more simple library--which is perfectly OK!

If you make some awesome libraries, feel free to share it with the rest of the ROBOTC community :mrgreen:

Undergraduate Intern - NREC, Robotics Academy
ROBOTC - Testing/Documentation/Developer

Computer Science, Japanese, East Asian Studies
University of Pittsburgh, Konan University 甲南大学

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:42 pm
Rookie

Post Re: "until" facility in RobotC?
Thank you for both your clarification and the #include information bfeher. I do share my libraries when they are complete, but I doubt if they would ever be regarded as awesome! :?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]