Re: After Firmware - USB not Recognized
First, follow these steps to redownload the Master CPU Firmware to the Cortex:
- Start with the Cortex turned OFF (but with a battery connected).
- Push and hold Config button in on the Cortex.
- Attach the USB cable between the PC and Cortex.
- Wait for the Robot, VEXnet and Game lights to blink green.
- Release Config button.
- Turn the Cortex ON.
- Then in ROBOTC, click "Robot", "Download Firmware", "Master CPU Firmware", "Standard File".
Once the Master CPU Firmware successfully downloads, download the ROBOTC Firmware to the Cortex.
Second: It sounds like this happened because you attempted to download the VEXnet Joystick Firmware to the Cortex. The VEXnet Joystick Firmware is intended for the VEXnet Joysticks: http://robomatter.com/images/ifi/vexnet-joystick.jpg
Third: If that was the case, you can avoid this problem by only downloading the Master CPU Firmware and ROBOTC firmware to the Cortex, and VEXnet Joystick Firmware to the VEXnet Joysticks.
Also, we've got highly detailed tutorial videos that will show you the correct procedure for configuring the Cortex here: http://www.robotc.net/support/cortex/#getting-started-with-the-vex
Hope that helps!