View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Multiplexing protoboard 
Rookie

Post Multiplexing protoboard
We're trying to use our protoboard in a multiplexer, and reading from the protoboard works fine, but we can't write to it. When we compile, it says the paramaters don't match for the write function. I looked at the api and I see that there is only overloaded versions of the read functions for multiplexing but not for writing. Is there any way to write to it through the multiplexer?

Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:30 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Multiplexing protoboard
You can't use the sensor multiplexer with any sensor that requires being written to, due to the way that the multiplexer is designed. If i understand correctly you are basically using the all 4 communcation channels on the sensor port as inputs now so you can't use them as outputs. It is much better to use an smux on your other sensor ports or if you must use one, have one protoboard specifically for inputs and use the smux for any protoboards you are only writing to, if possible

We have decided (for our FTC bot) to use S1 for motor controllers, S2 w/ an SMUX with 1 gyroscope, 1 accelerometer, and 2 light sensors, S3 with 4 ultrasound sensors on an SMUX, and S4 with 1 protoboard.

Head Programmer
Builder
Electrical
Service Coordinator

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:08 pm
Rookie

We're already using 2 multiplexers and a protoboard, but we want more ports so we're trying to multiplex the protoboard so we'd have 3 multiplexers. My question was whether it's possible to write to the protoboard through the multiplexer even though there is no driver written for it

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 pm

It is not possible. If it were, I would've made functions for it in the driver. The SMUX is a read-only device as far as the sensors attached to it are concerned.

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]