View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Can RC 2.02 be used to program any PIC controller? 
Rookie

Post Can RC 2.02 be used to program any PIC controller?
Can I use my newly purchased RC ver 2.02 to program any PIC?
I have a basic VEX kit that I purchased some time ago and now I want to use it to learn on and then I have some other projects in mind that are PIC based but not VEX PIC based but would like to use this new software.
Regards,
Tom

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:47 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Can RC 2.02 be used to program any PIC controller?
Hi Tom -

Unfortunately, no, ROBOTC cannot be used to program other PIC processors. ROBOTC has been highly specialized to program the PIC in the VEX, along with how it's configured with the various inputs and outputs.

We are beta testing a version of ROBOTC that can be used to program the Arduino, a low-cost microcontroller similar to the PIC. Check it out here: http://www.robotc.net/blog/?p=584

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:01 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Can RC 2.02 be used to program any PIC controller?
Thank you for the quick response, I checked out the blog and the Arduino version is very interesting indeed. Too bad for me that the survey was closed.
On another note I just happen to be in the process of aquiring and Arduino Pro, some gyros from a WII controller and some accellerometers from the WII nunchuck. These parts are going into a Quad-copter, the first step is to get the quad flying right then I will add other sensors to augment it's operability in a more autonomous mode. I believe that C will produce a better faster code than Basic or Assembly....well at least more robust.
Thanks again,
Tom

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]