View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
two paned editor not implemented yet? 
Rookie

Post two paned editor not implemented yet?
I noticed that there is a draggable bar at the bottom of the main editing window that, when dragged up, reveals another editing area. However, this area does not appear to be functional - a cursor will appear, but there is no text and key presses are not recognized. Is this a feature that is still in development?

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: two paned editor not implemented yet?
alex.forencich wrote:
I noticed that there is a draggable bar at the bottom of the main editing window that, when dragged up, reveals another editing area. However, this area does not appear to be functional - a cursor will appear, but there is no text and key presses are not recognized. Is this a feature that is still in development?

That editing area that you are talking about is the compiler's message dialog window. When you compile a program and it has errors or warnings, those message will appear in that bottom window.

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:29 am
Rookie

Oh, ok. I never made that connection in the first place. It looks exactly the same as the main editor window and many of the IDEs that I have used utilize a two-pane editing window. And since this software still has a bit of "beta version" feel, I assumed that it was a feature that had not been completely implemented yet.

Also, I use version 1.02 and the about box still says 1.0.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

The compiler status area is fully operational.

It is normally hidden in normal use until there are errors in your program that you are compiling.

There is no need to manually resize this bar, as RobotC will automatically resize it to display the errors during compile. If there are no errors, then the status area disappears, as to maximize your type space for the program.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]