View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Upgrade to Version 1.10 corrupts installation 
Rookie

Post Upgrade to Version 1.10 corrupts installation
Having installed a licensed copy of RobotC version 1.05, I followed instructions to uninstall before upgrading to version 1.10.

RobotC worked fine until reboot.

On running RobotC, the following message is displayed: "File is corrupted".

Problem persists even if I revert to version 1.05.

Has anyone else come across this problem? If so, has this been resolved?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:33 pm

Have you tried manually deleting the whole program and then re installing?

Go to the directory you installed RobotC in and Delete any folders inside of Robotics Academy. If you installed Robot C to the default directory, it will be here:

C:\Program Files\Robotics Academy\

After that, try re-installing RobotC

You can also try to delete the registry values and start fresh. If you can get RobotC to start, go to view in the upper menu and select Delete All Registry Values. Your current settings will be lost and it will go back to default settings.

Let me know if this helps or if it still persists.

Scott B-)

My Robot Projects:
http://www.freewebs.com/robotprojects/

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Whenever I have uninstalled RobotC, prior to re-install, I have been ensuring that the entire Robotics Academy directory has been removed.

Noting that there is no Robotics Academy in the C:/Program Files directory following uninstall, there must be settings or variables or environment settings located in a separate area.

Do you know of any environment settings locations or setttings? Does RobotC give any details?

Adam.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:58 am
Expert

Post RobotC settings in Registry
adam_naila2 wrote:
Do you know of any environment settings locations or setttings? Does RobotC give any details?

Dick Swan wrote in the pre-release 1.07 topic http://www.robotc.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=217

Dick Swan wrote:
When you first run ROBOTC you want to execute the command "Delete all registry values" found in the "View" menu. This will delete your previous settings and restore to default values. You must be in "Advanced User" mode for this command to be visible.

However, I am quite novice to RobotC thus I'm not perfectly sure this is what you need.

Wow I can just see starwarslegokid recommended the same.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:05 am
Rookie

Following the pre-release topic viewtopic.php?t=217, using the RobotC.exe in the download zip for 1.05, I am able to get RobotC running.

Thanks for your help people. Much appreciated.

Adam.[/quote]

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:11 am
Rookie

Having received a great link to 1.07 which enables the user to clean the registers, I have been able to install RobotC 1.10 and run RobotC successfully, UNTIL reboot - at which point the same problem occurs - "File is corrupted".

I am considering reformatting my OS to ensure I have a clean system, however, if I reformat, I will lose the license.

Does anyone know of the location that the license details are kept (i.e. allows you to uninstall and keep the license)?

Better still, if anyone knows of any reason for the issue and a remedy I would be all ears.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:13 pm

There are a limited number of activations allowed per license, You can reformat your hard drive and keep your license, but it will take away from your activation count.

I had to reformat my computer twice since I got RobotC, and my license still works

Hope this helps B-)

Scott

My Robot Projects:
http://www.freewebs.com/robotprojects/

Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

I reformatted my OS from scratch, so it's a completely clean system.

I am losing the plot now, I can get version 1.05 working, but 1.10 is bringing up the initial RobotC welcome page, and then stalls!!

Adam.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:09 pm
Rookie

Having reformatted win xp, re-installed RobotC 1.10, The program gets stuck trying to open the last open .c file.

I can run 1.05 fine, so I tried clearing the registry values.

This allows RobotC 1.10 to go one stage further, everything workd until I try opening a .c file.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?

This may or may not be related, but when I try running beta 1.07, I get the following error: "This applicatiopn has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

To what application is this referring???

I have now lost my license and running the 30 day trial, is there any way I can get my licence back?

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

You should avoid using different versions of ROBOTC on the same computer at the same time... it can cause undesirable results as they all share the same registry values.

I'd recommend uninstalling every version of ROBOTC you have on your computer, and then manually deleting the registry values by doing the following steps:

1. Click "Start" and go to "Run"
2. Once the "Run" window opens, type "regedit"
3. Once the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Robotics Academy" registry key
4. Select the ROBOTC folder and press delete. This will delete all of ROBOTC for Mindstorms registry keys. Repeat this step if you want to delete the IFI version by selecting RobotCIFI and deleting that.

Try to reinstall version 1.10 and try opening your files. If ROBOTC is crashing when opening a C file, this is because there is some invalid statement that is causing the compiler to crash (because your program is recompiled every time you open ROBOTC and every time you open a file). If this is the case, you can always manually delete the registry values and restore ROBOTC to first run.

If it is the .C file causing the issues, please send that file as an attachment to techsupport@robomatter.com. I found your e-mail with your license, so I'll check that to reset it back to your original number of activations.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:44 pm
Rookie

Thanks for the reply, and dealing with the license issue.

I have never used 2 versions of RobotC at the same time. Always uninstalling RobotC, making sure the Robotics Academy directory is completely removed between uninstall and the following install.

My system is completely clean. That is why I am so baffled.

Using registry cleaners between uninstall of 1.05 and install of 1.10 has not proved successful.

I am only able to get 1.05 working, and not 1.10 with the error reported.

I will forward my .c files to the support address, but it happened on several different files.

Thanks, Adam.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

It also sounds like the dependencies for ROBOTC are not being installed. With the release of 1.10, we upgraded the installer and code base for ROBOTC to .NET 2005, so we're now using the MFC 8.0 packages.

Try downloading the Network Dependencies file and installing that with ROBOTC 1.10... I'm quite puzzled to the reason why it's not working on your desktop machine... do you have all the .Net frameworks installed?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:15 pm
Rookie

Post Problem resolution.
Thanks for the information Timothy,

You were correct.
It looks like following the os re-format, not all dependencies for 1.10 were installed. Ensuring MFC 8.0 packages were installed allowed 1.10 to open and compile code.

I am unsure as to what the difference between this installation and the one prior to reformat was, but all is well now.

Thanks again.

Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]