Did you download the FRC firmware for ROBOTC or the "default user firmware" from the IFI web site? What was the name of the firmware file that you downloaded?
If firmware downloaded OK, do the following.
1. Set the "user level" to expert.
2. On the view menu select the "message log" command.
3. On the "View -> Preferences" command, select the "Trace Messages" radio button. (2) and (3) will generate a transaction log on the ROBOTC screen.
4. Download firmware again.
5. Copy all the text from the ROBOTC main screen and paste into an email.
6. Send the email to email@example.com
Now, we're going to repeat the above, only this time trying to download your user program.
0. Open your user program.
1. Instead of steps 1,2,3 above, you'll simply select the "Clear Message Log" command on the View menu.
2. Hit F5 to try to download your program.
3. Repeat steps 5 and 6 above.
Repeat the above step