View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Palm Island Problem 
Rookie

Post Palm Island Problem
I am trying to run the first mission in Palm Island. I opened the program to move forward and every time I run it, even after changing values in the untilEncoderCounts(50, rightEncoder); to 50 the robot still drives off the dog and into the water. I have recompiled and downloaded the program with the same results. Would not mind a dip into the ocean but forgot my scuba gear at the beach shack.

I have the vex robot selected and the mamalbot. Any ideas as to why?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am

Post Re: Palm Island Problem
Can you try to post your code? I'll try to run your code and see what happens on my end. Thanks,

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:29 am
Rookie

The code is just the sample code in the RobotC sample library. It is called moving forward. I have attached the code as a word document. I have tried changing the number in the untilEncoder statement, recompiling the code, downloading it but it still goes off the dock.

Attachments:
PalmIslandCode.docx [12.24 KiB]
Downloaded 224 times

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:51 am

I used the ROBOTC Graphical for mission 1 in Palm Island. I had the robot move forward for 4.5 rotations.

The code that you were using was Natural Language code for the NXT robot, which is why (I think) it was not working for you. I'll find out for sure. Right now we don't have any sample programs for Palm Island in ROBOTC Graphical. However, if you look at the sample programs, you should see how they easily convert to ROBOTC Graphical. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thanks,

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]