|ROBOTC Graphical Update Patch - 4 Wheel Drive (4WD) Support!
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||tfriez [ Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:06 pm ]|
|Post subject:||ROBOTC Graphical Update Patch - 4 Wheel Drive (4WD) Support!|
A special ROBOTC update allows you to use our new Graphical Natural Language interface with 4-wheel drive robots! You will need to using ROBOTC 4.08 for maximum compatibility with the new blocks. This will allow you to use the following commands with 4WD based robots:
- Download update files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q929cmgsq7lte ... OTC408.zip
- Decompress files from download .zip folder
- Copy to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment 4.X\Includes" (or wherever you installed ROBOTC to)
- Accept any prompts regarding overwriting files. You're updating ROBOTC system files to enable this new functionality, so this is expected.
- Run ROBOTC with Graphical Natural Language
New Graphical Commands:
- Allows you to set a motor as "reversed" to allow the Basic Movement commands
- Configures the Basic Movement/Joystick/Line Following commands to use the specified left and right motors to move your robot.
configureDriveTrain4WD(leftMotorPort, left2ndMotorPort, rightMotorPort, right2ndMotorPort);
- Configures the Basic Movement/Joystick/Line Following commands to use the specified two left and two right motors to move your robot.
Note: Depending on the ports used by sensors, some of the looping structures may not be available due to overlapping ports. A future update to ROBOTC will accommodate this issue.
Once the new files are installed, you should see the new "Setup" menu under the Graphical Natural Language interface.
We've tested this functionality thoroughly, but as always, if you're heading to VEX IQ worlds and your robot is working well... If it's not broken, don't try to fix it
|Author:||tulasiv [ Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:48 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: ROBOTC Graphical Update Patch - 4 Wheel Drive (4WD) Supp|
I followed the same steps indicated in the post. But I see under the setup only the SetMotorReserved. I can't see the 2wd AND 4WD Commands.
I do have another problem with tankControl()
After downloading the program, when press the the ChD on the Joystick, doesn't move the right wheels of the robot. In fact nothing happens. When the ChA moves up the robot moves forward with all 4 wheels (all 4 wheels are rotating forward) where an put it down "does nothing".
Need help in resolving the issue. I have latest ROBOTC and latest firmware on the brain and controller.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group