|Announcing ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.03 BETA
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||tfriez [ Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:54 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Announcing ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.03 BETA|
The ROBOTC Development Team is happy to announce the first beta version of ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.X! This version (4.03 Beta) support both the VEX Cortex and VEX IQ platforms in the same programming environment. This 4.03 Beta version can be installed along side of your existing ROBOTC 3.x installation. Download ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.03 Beta today!
This beta version includes ROBOTC’s Natural Language 2.0 for the VEX IQ platform. Programming robots has never been easier than the new and improved Natural Language 2.0. Learn more about Natural Language and download our new documentation at http://www.vexteacher.com (Note: the VEX Cortex will continue using Natural Language 1.0 to maintain backwards compatibility).
Important Note: All users will have a 30-day free trial period with ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.03 Beta – we will be opening up the order processing for upgrades and new ROBOTC 4.x licenses within in the next few weeks.
Here's a few notes before you get started with the new build with VEX IQ:
2. If you are using the VEX IQ Color Sensor, there is a new firmware version available for it as well. Upgrade the IQ Brain to version 1.07, then connect your VEX IQ Color Sensor and use the "Update" button.
3. Inside of ROBOTC, you'll want to download the latest ROBOTC firmware (version 10.03) to your VEX IQ. Use the "Robot -> Download Firmware" option to download this new firmware onto the VEX IQ Brain.
Here's a few notes before you get started with the new build with VEX Cortex:
2. The default platform when starting ROBOTC for VEX Robotics for the first time is now VEX IQ. Cortex users can switch the platform back to Cortex mode by using "Robot Menu -> Platform Type"
3. The VEX Cortex Master Firmware and VEX Cortex Joystick Firmware are still the same from ROBOTC 3.62.
After the firmware(s) has been updated, your VEX Robotics systems should be good to go! Take a look below for the basic change log and let us know if you have any questions/concerns, or if you run into any issues. A more comprehensive change log will be coming in the near future!
4.03 Beta Change Log:
• Fully updated CHM documentation to support VEX Cortex and VEX IQ changes
• Full support for VEX Cortex 269 and 393 Integrated Motor Encoders (IME) with PID and “move to target” functionality and motor ramping for smoother movements.
o VEX PID Overview: http://www.robotc.net/wiki/VEX_PID_Control
o VEX Integrated Motor Encoder Functions: http://www.robotc.net/wiki/VEX_PID_Control_Functions
• Added new commands for VEX Cortex IME-based movements. Commands are similar to VEX IQ implementation.
• Updated numerous commands to remove capital letters at the beginning of function names for consistently – older programs may generate warning messages, but will still work.
• Support for the “%f” (float) formatting code for the VEX IQ LCD Display.
• Encoders were being reset when program was stopped by the user, but not at the start of a new program. This has been updated so encoder reset occurs when program is started or terminated by the user (encoders are not reset when the program is suspended, only terminated).
• Fixed issue with “Software Inspection” dialog overwriting the "last firmware downloaded filename.
• (VEX IQ) Preserve "auto ID" sensor types for using sensors not defined in motors and sensors setup. Don't allow overwrite with "sensorsNone".
• Numerous other small bug fixes and enhancements (in depth change log coming soon!).
|Author:||yoloballer# [ Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:41 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Announcing ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.03 BETA|
Sweet Thanks! Have been waiting for this!
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group