ROBOTC VEX IQ Preview 2 - Release Notes and Change Log
We're happy to release the second version of ROBOTC for VEX Robotics - VEX IQ Preview. Download the new Preview Version today from the ROBOTC Preview Website
Here's a few notes before you get started with the new build:
1. Make sure you use the VEX IQ Firmware Update utility to update your VEX IQ Brain to version 1.03 - This is important for using the new Preview Version of ROBOTC.
2. If you are using the VEX IQ Color Sensor, there is a new firmware version available for it as well. Download the 1.03 version into your Brain, then connect your VEX IQ Color Sensor and use the "Update"
3. Inside of ROBOTC, you'll want to download the latest ROBOTC firmware (version 10.02) to your VEX IQ. Use the "Robot -> Download Firmware" option to do this.
After that, you should be good to go! Take a look below for the official change log and let us know if you have any questions/concerns or run into any issues.
- Added Distance Sensor Driver and Test Program – Sensor Implementation is not 100% complete.
- Added VEX IQ Device Drivers to ROBOTC installation.
- New Hardware Verification screen to identify possible hardware configuration errors with VEX IQ
- Fixed various bugs with Tele Op/Autonomous menu system
- Improved Sound sample programs and internal functionality.
- Added “Functions Library” option for VEX IQ Bumper Sensor – function was previously available but not listed.
- Support for “Remote Buttons” on the VEX IQ Remote Screen debugger window.
- Added “Software Inspection” for VEX IQ – gives a quick diagnostics on firmware versions, battery voltages and overall state of the VEX IQ hardware.
- Fixed bug where VEX IQ Bumper Switch would disable other sensors and motors on adjacent ports.
ROBOTC Developer - SW Engineertfriez@robotc.net