View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
How to get the both joysticks to control motors 
Rookie

Post How to get the both joysticks to control motors
Just a newbie. Please point me in the right direction. I am trying to program the two joysticks so that the x and y directions can be used to control something other than just ChA, etc.

As an example, I want the left joystick to lift/lower the ClawBot arm when I press backward/forward. But I also want it to close/open the claw when I press left/right.

The right joystick could be used to drive the ClawBot as in the Arcade mode.

I think I understand that this cannot be done in the Graphical mode, but it is unclear how to do this in the Natural language mode.

Any comments welcome.

Mike

Sun May 29, 2016 1:49 pm
Rookie

Post Re: How to get the both joysticks to control motors
Never mind. I think I figured it out.

Part of the problem was understanding that "ChA" and "ChB", etc. were standard references to joystick channels.

Also if the program was created in the Graphical RobotC it should be reopened in the Natural Language RobotC. Then I needed to realize that before editing in RobotC Natural Language, the Graphical version needs to be converted to a text file (View|Convert Graphical File to Text), even though the text version could be viewed in either version of the RobotC program.

Mon May 30, 2016 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]