View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Motors and Sensors: New User Model: trouble setting up 
Rookie

Post Motors and Sensors: New User Model: trouble setting up
RobotC Graphical: 4.5
Menu level: Expert
In motors and sensors setup I want to create a custom profile for my students to use.

There is an option to "Save as new user model"
I went in and set my motors and sensor for my new robot. I then saved the file to my desktop.
Then I open up a new file and clicked on the motors and sensor setup
I then clicked the round button that says "files containing user defined model configurations" I then clicked the browse button to find my file, nothing showed up because it says header file in the bottom window just above the Open button. I then change this to "all files" and I can see my saved file. When I open up this file I have all the clawbot motor and sensor settings. Nothing has changed.

Can someone post a set of directions on how I can use this feature? In my 8th grade classroom I want students to start out with a simple test bed of one motor and one bump switch. In my sixth grade classroom I want students to use the Drive A Bot without the two distance sensors.
In my robotic club each team has a unique robot and we would like to set up the motors and preferences.
I went to the help files and they have not directions for this feature.

Any help is apreciated.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:32 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Motors and Sensors: New User Model: trouble setting up
I have the same question.
We've also tried the "save as new user model" and then tried to load that file again. But it doesn't seem to remember the configuration.
Since some of our students are new to programming, we're using the graphical interface so we're really not ready to start using pragmas and #includes.

Is there a way to save our different motors and sensors configurations and be able to load them or not?

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]