View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Can't Submit Score 
Rookie

Post Can't Submit Score
Hi, I was modifying my program and attempting to sumbit a new score when I discovered that the program wouldn't allow me to submit when it ended. It treated the run as if I was in guest - showing when I returned to the menu that I was signed in as a guest, even though every time I logged in as a user. I think this started after I submitted a score in the program, and when it took me to the webpage, I quit out. Maybe this messed up the score submission? It also cleared out my previous submission. Thanks!

Edit: I think I found the problem, when the submit your own code page was still open and waiting for me to upload code.
Edit 2: Ok.. It seems as if this hasn't fixed the problem after all - I still can't submit new scores through the program - so I'm just editing my previous submissions by uploading my new code.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:30 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Can't Submit Score
If it is not too late:

Are you sure that you are submitting a higher score? The program will not let you submit a lower (or the same) score.

Someone had the same problem on the vex toss-up side.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=6668

Quote:
For the past few days, whenever I log into my CS2N account in RVW to run a VEX Toss Up run, it very quickly replaces me with a guest login. For example, if I log in (which sends me to the "Choose Robot" screen) and then hit the back button (the triangle in the lower left corner), instead of saying "Welcome wgardner" in the top right corner, it says "Welcome guest". This happens if I do it right away or after a few runs or after many runs. It doesn't seem to want to let me stay logged in. My internet connection is wired ethernet and otherwise working flawlessly.

Quote:
I found my problem. I had a few submissions where I was literally 1-2 video frames late in completing the final hang. As a result, I'd only see the score with the final hang but it wouldn't let me submit the run since the final hang was not completed before the timer expired. I actually had to look at the video frame-by-frame to discover this!

The guest part is normal, and by normal I mean it happens to everyone.

Quote:
I think this started after I submitted a score in the program, and when it took me to the webpage, I quit out. Maybe this messed up the score submission? It also cleared out my previous submission.

I have done this and it hasn't effected me (that I know of), but yes it clears your submission.

Last edited by tr24em on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:09 am
Rookie

Post Re: Can't Submit Score
Ah.. That could have been the problem, the new program made (hopefully) the results more consistent, and probably resulted in a slightly lower score. I guess I'll just leave it as is with the newer code, which is just slightly slower, and let them test it out to decide my actual ranking. Thanks for the help!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]