View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Can't stay logged in? 
Rookie

Post Can't stay logged in?
Hi,

For the past few days, whenever I log into my CS2N account in RVW to run a VEX Toss Up run, it very quickly replaces me with a guest login. For example, if I log in (which sends me to the "Choose Robot" screen) and then hit the back button (the triangle in the lower left corner), instead of saying "Welcome wgardner" in the top right corner, it says "Welcome guest". This happens if I do it right away or after a few runs or after many runs. It doesn't seem to want to let me stay logged in. My internet connection is wired ethernet and otherwise working flawlessly.

This is preventing me from submitting new higher scores on the challenge at the end of a run, as it thinks I'm not logged into my account. I'm keeping screen capture videos of my better runs to show the run, the end score, and the fact that I can't submit it even though it's higher than my best score so far.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I have a support request in but I haven't heard anything back for over a day now.

Thanks in advance for any advice anybody might have, and great job everybody else working on the challenge (particularly couatl, unit332, and tr24em for getting scores over 100)!
Bill

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 am
Rookie

Post Re: Can't stay logged in?
I found my problem. I had a few submissions where I was literally 1-2 video frames late in completing the final hang. As a result, I'd only see the score with the final hang but it wouldn't let me submit the run since the final hang was not completed before the timer expired. I actually had to look at the video frame-by-frame to discover this!

That said, when I click the back button, it still does say I'm a guest and not wgardner. I'm not sure why this is. But it isn't stopping me from making new submissions at least. Also on the login page when I click "remember me", the password that is stored doesn't work and I need to manually type in my password every time. Do others have the same problem?

Finally, sometimes when I'm trying to grab or release a large ball, the Ballerbot claw seems to mysteriously pause for up to a second or two (which can really mess up a time critical run). Sometimes it works right away and sometimes it seems to take its own sweet time, with the motors at full power but the claw not budging. Anybody else see this and have any solution?

Bill

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Also on the login page when I click "remember me", the password that is stored doesn't work and I need to manually type in my password every time. Do others have the same problem?

I am also experiencing this, I usually (when I remember) just click the back button after running my code to have it stay logged in.

Quote:
Finally, sometimes when I'm trying to grab or release a large ball, the Ballerbot claw seems to mysteriously pause for up to a second or two (which can really mess up a time critical run). Sometimes it works right away and sometimes it seems to take its own sweet time, with the motors at full power but the claw not budging. Anybody else see this and have any solution?

I have also seen this, but to me it looked like the clock also had stopped, but I am not 100% about that.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:19 am
Rookie

I've suffered through this as well, I even built in code to specifically keep on opening or closing until the limit is pressed (or is not according to situation) and it fares little better. I believe that since the physics of the virtual world mess with the ballerbot's consistency. It works enough that I tolerate it, but feel like the virtual world's physics (as in glitches and-what not) should be worked on. However it maybe difficult to solve these troubles since performance is partially based on the computers running the code, especially in relation to the other programs running on the machine.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:07 am
Rookie

Quote:
I have also seen this, but to me it looked like the clock also had stopped, but I am not 100% about that.

Never mind, the clock still counts.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:50 am
Rookie

Hmm, I haven't been having problems in RVW staying connected. I don't use a "back" button at all. There is a "home" button that allows me to reset an attempt and choose a different starting position. This has been working great for me so far and hasn't been logging me off.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]