View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Palm Island Virtual World Crash 
Rookie

Post Palm Island Virtual World Crash
Hello

I recently encountered a problem with the Palm Island Virtual World.
It crashed and whenever I try to open it through "Compile and Download" (in RobotC) or manually (on its own) the Virtual World does not work.
A window labeled "Palm Island - Rescue Bots Training Ground" appears, however, it is small and completely blue.
I have tried repairing it through the RobotC install file and I have also tried reinstalling. The problem persists.

What should I do?

Attachments:
File comment: This is what happens
Palm Island Error.png
Palm Island Error.png [ 85.29 KiB | Viewed 3239 times ]
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Palm Island Virtual World Crash
Hello User,
I'm sorry it's not working for you. Two questions and something to try:

1. Do other Virtual Worlds work properly for you? Which ones?

2. Open ROBOTC. Make sure you have LEGO Mindstorms NXT or Natural Language (NXT) selected under Robot>>Platform Type. Compile and Download to launch Palm Island. Assuming it's still broken, close Palm Island, but don't close or do anything to ROBOTC. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW or C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW, for 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, respectively. Launch palmisland.exe - if you're on Windows Vista, 7, or 8, right click and choose Run as administrator. Assuming it's still broken, let it run for a couple seconds, then close it. Open the palmisland_Data folder and find output_log.txt. It contains some diagnostic information that can help, so if you could upload it as an attachment to this thread, that would help.

3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW or C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW. Right click on Binder.dll and click Properties. What date does it give next to Created?

Thanks,
--Ryan

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 am
Rookie

1. All other Virtual Worlds Work Properly for me.

2. The virtual world works when run as administrator. However, when granted administrator access, RobotC does not open a working version of the world. I will attach output_log.txt.

3. In Binder.dll, the "Created" date is '‎Friday, ‎November ‎2, ‎2012, ‏‎2:04:38 PM'.

Attachments:
File comment: The output_log.txt file
output_log.txt [4.68 KiB]
Downloaded 312 times
Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

User451 wrote:
The virtual world works when run as administrator. However, when granted administrator access, RobotC does not open a working version of the world.

Try this:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW or C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW, then delete palmisland.exe and the palmisland_Data folder. Then reinstall Palm Island.

Thanks,
--Ryan

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 pm
Rookie

I uninstalled everything, deleted all the RobotC files, and reinstalled everything as admin. The problem still persists. Is there a way to only install Palm Island?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can download individual RVW level packs, including Palm Island, from http://www.robotvirtualworlds.com/download/.

Something else to try: press WindowsKey-R to open the Run dialog and enter "%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW\palmisland_Data" or "%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW\palmisland_Data" (32 or 64 bit). This should open a folder with an output_log.txt in it. If you could upload that file, that would be great.

(If that folder doesn't exist, make sure there's no output_log.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW\palmisland_Data and then launch Palm Island from ROBOTC and try again.)

Thanks,
--Ryan

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi User,
I think we've figured out the problem in another thread. Try this:

1. Press WindowsKey-R to open the run dialog. Type "regedit" and press enter. You'll need to be an administrator on the computer to run this command.
2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Robomatter and select the subkey corresponding to the RVW product that's having the issue. In this case, Palm Island - Rescue Bots Training Ground
3. Delete the values that start with Screenmanager Resolution Height and Screenmanager Resolution Width
4. Close the Registry Editor and RVW should now work.

Let me know if that works.

--Ryan

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]