View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
ROBOTC 4.26 - BUG REPORTS 
Rookie

Post ROBOTC 4.26 - BUG REPORTS
Hello! I am using Robotc 4.26 Virtual Worlds

Graphical Robot Virtual Words

"backward" command isn't working. The robot still drives forward.

If I change
Quote:
void backward(const float quantity = 1.0, const tMovementUnits unitType = rotations, const short speed = 50)
{
short adjustedSpeed = abs(speed) * -1;
float adjustedQuantity = abs(quantity) * -1;

in NatLangNXT_VW.c to

Quote:
void backward(const float quantity = 1.0, const tMovementUnits unitType = rotations, const short speed = 50)
{
float adjustedQuantity = abs(quantity);

it works as it should.

Also in "Motors and Sensors Setup" i have to choose REMBOT. If i use RVW REMBOT the robot doesn't move, unless i also set "Driver Motor Side" on the Motors tab.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:31 pm
Rookie

Post Re: ROBOTC 4.26 - BUG REPORTS
I'm experiencing lots of crashes when running RobotC 4.26 with an EV3. Most crashes leave the Brick either unresponsive or turned off. The only solution I've found is to manually take out the battery and replace it. It usually happens either right after downloading a program to the EV3 and attempting to debug usint the RobotC interfaces or when attempting to run the program via the EV3 interface.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:41 pm
Rookie

For further info, I get "Failure Reading task stack" on the Program Debug window. The program is simple - only turning on a motor.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 pm
Rookie

And is there anyway to go back to Robot 4.25?

Sorry for the multiposts.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:00 pm
Rookie

I'm an idiot - sorry. Forgot to download new firmware.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:57 pm
Rookie

I have two classrooms of VEX IQ robots (17 built so far) running RobotC 4.26 Graphical. All Firmware is up to date. Running Dell laptops with Windows 7.

We are having great trouble keeping RobotC from not crashing.

When downloading simple programs such as "move forward" we get these two error messages.
1. Failed to verify that the serial link is connected to a Robot Controller.
2. RobotC firmware is not installed or corrupted. It needs to be downloaded.

link to screen shot herehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ps8pdmOMPU6Esbp3DNI3A03vlYcmUij5VrQV8CfrEV4/edit?usp=sharing

We have to unplug the brain and try again. Some times it works other times we have to switch to a different USB port.
We are downloading to autonomous not to the controller.
It seems random and is frustrating for students in a classroom setting.
Any help is appreciated.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:30 pm
Rookie

Post Motor settings in Graphical Natural Language
It seems that the left/right motors are hard coded to channels 2&3 and cannot be changed by the motors and sensors dialog window.

The default clawbot can be driven with 2&3 but we cannot use the claw because the wire from the claw will not reach to the pivot and down to the cortex. The intended option was channels 1&10 with motor controllers lengthening the wires for 6 & 7 to the arm and claw.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

kinnama wrote:
I have two classrooms of VEX IQ robots (17 built so far) running RobotC 4.26 Graphical. All Firmware is up to date. Running Dell laptops with Windows 7.

We are having great trouble keeping RobotC from not crashing.

When downloading simple programs such as "move forward" we get these two error messages.
1. Failed to verify that the serial link is connected to a Robot Controller.
2. RobotC firmware is not installed or corrupted. It needs to be downloaded.

link to screen shot herehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ps8pdmOMPU6Esbp3DNI3A03vlYcmUij5VrQV8CfrEV4/edit?usp=sharing

We have to unplug the brain and try again. Some times it works other times we have to switch to a different USB port.
We are downloading to autonomous not to the controller.
It seems random and is frustrating for students in a classroom setting.
Any help is appreciated.

Hey Alan,

I'm sorry about the trouble you're experiencing. We have recently found an issue with the the latest 1.12 firmware and ROBOTC that seems to be causing issues when downloading - however these issues usually come up as "Failed to Play Slot" errors after successfully downloading a program. We're hoping to have a fix out within the week to address some of these issues as soon as possible.

It doesn't seem to look like ROBOTC is "crashing", but rather is losing communication to the VEX IQ hardware for some reason (or not getting back a favorable response). If possible, can you capture a few message log traces for me to allow me to further diagnose the issue that's occurring?
To enable message tracing, do the following:
Window Menu -> Menu Level -> Super User
View Menu -> Preferences -> Advanced Features Tab -> Internal Sub-Tab -> Message Tracing Dropdown -> Character Level
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Vv5NgBd.png

Whenever you do anything like compiling/downloading, it'll give a character level debug log of all communications between PC and VEX IQ (and works for Cortex too). You can just copy and paste this log into a text file and send it along so I can parse out and see what might be causing the issue. If you happen to have a successful compile/download session, close the debugger, right click on the message log and select "Clear Message Log" - otherwise it may grow to 100s of pages and be difficult to identify the issue quickly.
Once you captured the message logs, please send them directly to my primary e-mail address at tfriez (at) robotc [dot] net - and I'll be able to investigate them.

Thanks in advance and I apologize about the issues again. We'll get things sorted out as fast as we can!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Motor settings in Graphical Natural Language
jjulicher wrote:
It seems that the left/right motors are hard coded to channels 2&3 and cannot be changed by the motors and sensors dialog window.

The default clawbot can be driven with 2&3 but we cannot use the claw because the wire from the claw will not reach to the pivot and down to the cortex. The intended option was channels 1&10 with motor controllers lengthening the wires for 6 & 7 to the arm and claw.

There's some confusion in regarding the Natural Language system with the VEX Cortex. Due to our support of PLTW, our Natural Language system for the VEX Cortex does not currently support re-configurable ports lie the VEX IQ system. We're hoping to have a future update that will utility the Left/Right Drive Side commands in ROBOTC's Motors and Sensor Setup window once PLTW has a chance to integrate the new functions into their curriculum. As of right now, you're stuck with port2 and port3 being the primary drive motors.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:38 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

kromosom wrote:
Hello! I am using Robotc 4.26 Virtual Worlds

Graphical Robot Virtual Words

"backward" command isn't working. The robot still drives forward.

If I change
Quote:
{
float adjustedQuantity = abs(quantity) * -1;

in NatLangNXT_VW.c to

Quote:
{
float adjustedQuantity = abs(quantity);

it works as it should.

Also in "Motors and Sensors Setup" i have to choose REMBOT. If i use RVW REMBOT the robot doesn't move, unless i also set "Driver Motor Side" on the Motors tab.

The "Motor Drive Side" is required for the natural language commands to know which motors to drive on the NXT.

As for the forward/backwards commands, we have a number of bug fixes available in 4.27, which should be released very soon.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Rookie

I just sent in my error logs to Fritz.

In the short term any one can just unplug the USB from the Brain, take out the battery, put the battery back in, power up the Brain and then plug the USB back in. RobotC should recover and download the exact same program with no problems. Once a person knows to do this it only takes a 30 seconds to get back on track. Not knowing this about drove me to wits end with 25 students on my larger classroom!

Alan

Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]