View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Unity Player crashes on "Compile and Download Program" 
Rookie

Post Unity Player crashes on "Compile and Download Program"
I've read "Issues and Bugs guidelines", and here's the information requested.

1) If you are getting an error, please tell us what error you are getting and what he message says.

Quote:
The game crashed. The crash report folder named "Crash_2012-11-27_204608" next to game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!

Location of the crash file:
C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW\Crash_2012-11-27_204608

Crash files zipped up and sent to John Watson at ROBOTC via email (jwatson@robotc.net) as requested below.

2) Give us the version of ROBOTC you're using

ROBOTC 3.54 (F/W: 9.55) Build Date: Nov 5 2012

3) Give us the platform type (NXT, VEX CORTEX, etc.)

Attempted using both NXT and VEX compilers/licenses in ROBOTC , both returned same error.

4) Describe the issue as best as you can

VirtualWorlds Unity Player crashes on "Compile and Download Program" from ROBOTC IDE 3.0.

5) Give us steps on how to reproduce the problem

Installed ROBOTC, confirmed license set correctly under "Help >> Manage Licenses", confirmed correct compiler selected, confirmed default virtual world selected, opened the correct "Basic Movement" file for (NXT or VEX with related compiler/license), ran "Robot >> Compile and Download Program", Unity Player (3.5.1f2_e9280fee30d7) appears to crash and then displays error message, the ROBOTC IDE does not appear to crash.

Location of files loaded:
C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\Sample Programs\VirtualWorlds\NXT\Basic Movement\Moving Forward - NXT.c
C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\Sample Programs\VirtualWorlds\VEX2\Basic Movement\Moving Forward.c

Location of VirtualWorld Loaded:
C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RVW\LearningROBOTCTables.exe

Location of IDE loaded:
C:\Program Files\Robomatter Inc\ROBOTC Development Environment\RobotC.exe

6) Provide a screenshot if it applies

Screenshot not needed, but happy to post if requested.

7) Tell us the operating system you are using

Windows XP SP3 with all updates current.

8) Provide us with any other information that would help us fix the issue

The NXT LEGO and VEX CORTEX USB Device Driver are included in the ROBOTC 3.0 installer, that does not appear to be the issue. Since the Unity Player is used to render the VirtualWorlds, I installed the Unity "Web Player" (which is a different player, but still based on the same tech likely) and it worked. Unable to find a test file to run related to the ROBOTC Unity Player, or any meaningful message within the error message referenced in the error message, just appears to be a dump of the "Moving Forward - NXT.c" file and settings for 30+ system files; meaning there is no real error message, or clear point of failure in the load stack. I've also checked the forums to see if others have had this issue. I've uninstalled ROBOTC, then removed ROBOTC files, reinstalled it, and still get the same error message. Also, it appears "there have been reports of issues with with DirectX when the NetSupport software is installed which may cause Robot Virtual Worlds to not run properly" -- I do not have NetSupport installed, nor have I ever used it before for that matter.

INSTALLED LICENSES
- Product: ROBOTC Virtual Worlds - MINDSTORMS (License: Trial Mode, 60 Days)
- Product: ROBOTC Virtual Worlds - VEX (License: Trial Mode, 60 Days)

I've also reviewed the self-help pages here:
http://www.robotc.net/support/rvw/
http://www.robotc.net/wiki/Virtual_Worlds

Last edited by BA23 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:52 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Unity Player crashes on "Compile and Download Program"
Thank you for posting the in-depth information on the crash(es), it helps us immensely and we appreciate it. Would you be able to send the crash log to me directly at jwatson@robotc.net so I can take a look at it?

Thank you in advance,
John

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]