View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Sound files (on the robot vs on the computer) 
Rookie

Post Sound files (on the robot vs on the computer)
I am using the RobotC ver. 4.50 with an EV3 robot.

When I download sound files to the robot using the Download button on the File Management dialog, the files are downloaded to /home/root/lms2012/prjs/rc
Is there a way I can download the files to: "/home/root/lms2012/resources/Sounds" instead?

When I look at the Detailed Preferences dialog, I can see the option for "User Sound Files" on the Directories tab. When I browse for the folder and select it, the field is updated with the correct path. But how and when do those files make their way to the robot itself? What is the purpose for having the field "User Sound Files" on the Directories tab?

If I alter the files listed in the computer directory for "System Sound Files (EV3)", when do they show up on the robot?

When downloading the EV3 Kernel (EV3LinuxImage_107X.bin), it completely creates all the default sound files onto the Robot regardless of what was in the directory on the computer: C:\Program Files\RobotC\RobotC Development Environment 4.X\EV3 System Files\Sounds\. The EV3LinuxImage_107 already has a default set of sounds and does not refer to the sounds files on the computer.

Is there a way to get my sound files on the computer to the "Sound" files directory on the robot?

I can download them using the download button. But then they get mixed in with the programs. I was trying to keep the programs and sounds in separate directories for convenience.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]