View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Selecting NXT as platform 
Rookie

Post Selecting NXT as platform
For some reason I can no longer select the NXT as a platform. It was working fine last week for me but now it only shows Arduino. Guess it's time to uninstall and re-install the last version.

Tue May 29, 2012 3:39 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Selecting NXT as platform
Well it appears no matter what I install (version 3.08 or 3.05) It shows Arduino in the menu. This was after uninstalling the 3.12 beta.

I really love an application that never truly uninstalls itself...

Tue May 29, 2012 4:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you can no longer select the "NXT" platform in version 3.12 this typically could be a few things:
1. Your NXT trial/license has expired (only for 30-day trials and 365-day versions)
2. You never started the NXT trial and only installed Arduino - ROBOTC will not automatically start the trial for every platform - you have to manually start a trial when you decide you would like to use a specific feature.

As for the comment...
Dennis Mabrey wrote:
I really love an application that never truly uninstalls itself...

The Arduino menu option functionality has been hidden inside of ROBOTC since version 3.00 - The license was always disabled because the platform was not ready until the 3.12 BETA release. When you uninstall ROBOTC, your licenses are not removed - otherwise people could always un-install/re-install and use the trial functionality forever. Arduino will show up if you roll back to previous versions of ROBOTC 3.xx, but will not be functional.

You can fully use the NXT and VEX Cortex platforms with the ROBOTC 3.12 BETA as well - a number of bug fixes are in this build for these platforms, but there may also be new bugs/issues introduced. If you happen to run into issues when using the NXT or Cortex with 3.12, please send us a note at support[at]robotc[dot]net.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 am
Rookie

I was able to resolve the issue last week and for some reason the license was no longer valid as you said. I don't know why that happened but it did.

As for the uninstall comment, sorry. It's just when I went through the registry after uninstalling there were a lot of registry keys still left around.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, as for the registry - since ROBOTC generates the keys, the installer doesn't know to remove them. I'll work on including this functionality in the next release's installer.

Thanks!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]